I am a health care provider and have a pt who adores his wife. He is in late stages of ALS and it affected his arms and legs but he is still able to talk but speach is getting more difficult. Is it possible he is able to maintain an erection if his wife works with him or is it more likely that he no loner can function this way?

ALS affects most of the muscles of the body but reportedly has no effect on the sex organs. This is perhaps more frustrating than satisfying for the patient unable to move arms and legs. In this particular case, the wife is willing to provide assistance with alternative methods. The state of the patients overall condition, his age if older, other medicines may inhibit a satisfactory release or orgasm. It may be helpful if the patient were to try viagra or cialis. Either may be effective in as little as 30 minutes in stimulating a firmer erection.

I was quickly diagnosed will als I have discs bulging in c5c6 and l4l5s1 and I can not get erection. I personally think I was misdiagnosed with something that mimics als. I can go to the gym and increase my work out every other week. But I can't get a erection. I'm don't taking any type of meds

Probably heavy metals toxicity