Users comments and reviews on Modern Sexuality: Does Sexual Monogamy Kill Male Libido? by Robert Rister

I would say most men like variety, but agree in the andropause idea as well

i agree 80%. it can be astonishing how emotions can control the human body. if a man truly loves his wife, and vice versa, then other factors may play a minimal role. however andropause statement makes a lot of sense

On the flip side, when your partner hits menopause and doesn't care for it anymore, then you are pretty much left "holding your own". Anything else makes you a cad. Except for those occasions that she "does it for her country". Now knowing that really kills the libido.........

very interesting article, I liked your take on it and I would agree that when a man does get out of shape is not eating well, sleeping well and had enormous stress from being a husband to a father there is a link to low testosterone and depression which can lower his libido. The other factor is that when he is married and the sexual relationship between him and his wife is not longer exciting or fun this can lead to even more depression. Great article