Few days ago, when I was showering I have noticed some soft growths in my crotch. Actually, they are on my testicles. I am really scared and don't know what to do. I know that I should go to my doctor but I am little embarrassed. What this could be?

The testicles are glands that produce hormone testosterone and sperm and lumps on testicles are very common. They can develop for number of reasons. Men should ask their doctors to show them how to examine their testicles to minimize the risk of cancer. Just like women examine their breasts to reduce the risk of cancer. Some experts think that testicle lump that doesn’t hurt has a great possibility do evolve into cancer even though testicular cancer is rare. The risk is bigger in men between the ages of 25 to 35. Most common causes of testicular lumps are epididymitis, varicocele, hydrocele, spermatocele (epididymal cyst), infection of a scrotal sac, mumps, orchitis, testicular cancer etc. A varicocele can cause swelling of a scrotum due to a swollen vein. It usually occurs in teenagers or young adults. A hydrocele is a swelling of the scrotum caused by excessive accumulation of fluid. You have nothing to be embarrassed about. I advise you to go to your doctor and get that lump examined. Only then you will be certain what your condition is and what to do next.