Hi, I'm 29 years old and I have just got married. My wife and I like most couples plan to have children, but I'm kind of insecure in myself. We have been trying to get a baby for 2 months now but she didn’t get pregnant. We are considering some options why this hasn’t happened so far but I'm afraid that it could be me. I have unusually small testicles and I think that this could be the cause. Could that be true? Does the size of mans testicles affect his ability to have children.

The size of the testicles doesn’t have to be in any way connected to ones ability to have children. There are many factors that determine man’s fertility and it is not affected by the size of the testicles. There are many differences between men and the size of the testicles varies on a person to person basis so there is really no ground on which you can say that yours are too small or that testicles of some other man are big enough. In this case the size plays very small roll in the entire story, the main factors of male’s fertility are production of testosterone and the production of spermatozoids, the sperm count. If those values are normal there is no reason why you couldn’t have children like anyone else. There may be many other problems that are preventing you and your wife from having a child. I can't speculate on what these causes are over the internet. If this continues and if she doesn’t get pregnant in the near future then you should talk to your doctor about it, or maybe pay a visit to one of many fertility clinics.

I totally agree with you. I was scared as well since I have small testicles as well, but my doctor told me that as long as I have a healthy sperm, there is no need to be worried. So, small testicles are not equated to low sperm count. Some other things can affect a fertility in man. When I think a little bit about this, I found the information that small testicles actually could cause infertility, erectile issues, obesity, man boobs and even prostate issues, but I don't agree with it because I can swear that not all men with small testicles are infertile. Do the test like I did and you will know. 

I would bet that you may have problems with low sperm count. My husband was assumed to be fine. His hormaone levels were normal he had normal sex drive except one "little" problem...he had smaller than normal size testicles. The doctor said not to be bothered by it and advised us to keep trying but I was determined to find out and had my hisband do a sperm sample. He had no sperm at first and after a few more carefule test they found only 100,000. Bottom line your gut feeling is probably write go get a sperm sample if you have small testicles and are having a hard time getting pregnant.

Don't know the answer to that question, but I do too have very small testicals, me and my wife have been trying to conceive for 5 years and nothing yet, i have been to the doctor and had a sperm test taken, and there was no sperm found, i had the test done again and still no sperm, and now i don't know what other step to take, it's very disapointing & hurting to find out, you can have children when that's the most important thing thats next on the list, so the only thing we know to do is, fast and pray for a miracle!!!

I too have what would be considered by most to be very small testicles. They are about the size of a pair of grapes or a cherries. They are so small they dissappear up into my body during intercourse. I have been told by a number of previous sexual partners that compared to other men, my balls are extreamly small. I also have a modest sized penis, about 4.5 inches erect.
I was married for 8 years to a wonderfully patient woman. We tried for nearly 5 years to have a baby and finally succeded with the help of fertility drugs. At the fertility clinic, we were told that I had a very low sperm count.
After we divorced, she remarried got pregnant within a couple of months. When she and I spoke, she told me she wasnt taking fertility pills and indicated that the difference might be the size of her new husbands testicles. She told me that he wasnt much larger in the penis department than I was but his balls were huge, about the size of large hens eggs.
This is far from scientific, but my personal experience leads me to believe that there is some conection between the size of a mans testicles and his fertility.
Hope this helps.

I wanted to ask you people, you are saying you have small testicles, did you ever take a hormone test to see how much Testosterone, LH or FSH you had?? You can increase the size of testicles with the help of drugs (fertility drugs do the work as well)

I am very curious as my testicles have diminshed 3 times in size now are hardly visible and am worried that i wont be producing enough testosterone. I have been affected three consecutive times by some weird prostate infection that made my testicles atrophy almost

well ok im a lil lost my husband is in between hes not huge but hes not small we have been tryin for two years and nothing but see my sis she and here men wore togeather for 7 yrs and 4 days before they broke up bam she got preg and i heard he had no balls to say she said u could never see then soft or hard but made up by size of penise from most internet sites i have been on men with bigger balls usally have a smaller penis and visa versa so congrates on that but hey me and my hubby have been looking at other options there is many options to choose also the it could be the wife

The size of the testes is an indication of possible problems. Total testes size combined under 30cc is considered a problem. Go visit an endocronglist(spelling)-hormone doctor and ask them to do a complete exam. They will measure or have you sent off to be measured for your testes size. An testicular ultrasound in NC cost around $80 in NC. The ultrasound will detect possible problems - ie small testes,problems with epididymis,vas deferens,hyrdoceles,varioceles etc. Genitial hair and genital development are also checked. If anything looks out of the ordinary and depending on if you have insurance they might do a blood draw for genetic testing. Depending on the results from this they will probably want two semen samples, spaced a couple of months aparts for final determination, sperm mature in approx 85 days so they need samples a few months aparts for confirmation cause various illness-conditions can cause temporary infertility.

I have to agree that testicle size makes a difference. I was diagnosed with very low testosterone levels, less than 100, should be around 500 at my age. had the ultrasound test, each testicle around 8 cc's in size,normal size is about 25 cc's. Tried for many years to get my wife pregnant, never happened. we got divorced, she remarried and has 3 kids today. I am on testim today, feel much better. Had a sperm test done and I had no measurable sperm. I knew I had small testicles, never knew how small or that it mattered all that much. If you have small testicles don't wait 20 years like I did. I thought I had depression or was just tired all the time. It was just low testosterone. My urologist said it was all a result from having extremely small testicles. go see a dr and get checked out if you think your testes are too small.

Me and my wife attempted to concieve for 7 years with no success. Finally decided to see specialist. She checked out fine but my sperm analysis showed no sperm at all. I saw a urologist and on physical check up he said I have small testis (10cc each) and that is a reason for the fertility issues. So he sent me to get my blood work done for FSH/LH and genetics. Currently waiting on results of the blood work. In a month time another SA and one more to follow. Finally if no improvement, biopsy is the last step to retrieve sperm from testis if any.

My testicles are small. I was 26 when I was diagnosed with Klinefelter's Syndrome. It's supposed to be the most prevalent chromosomal abnormality among men.

hi im 29 and my testicles are 1" in diameter which is average size and me and my wife have been trying to concieve for 10 months with no joy. as far as i know size doesnt really mean much as long as the count is good. i have been a smoker from an early age does anyone think this could be a reason for us not being pregnant yet?

Hey, i was actually wondering about my fertility. Ive been with a girl for about 6 months now, and shes asking me if we'll ever have kids. Now im unsure due to the fact i have Reifenstein Syndrome. And even with my doctors trying to explain im still a bit in the shadow. My testicles were measured by an endocrinologist, and he reckons they average 3mm. So could someone help me out? Im going to the doctors next week, so i hope to get answers from you guys and a professional.

Thanks.

well this is my first time looking around because of small testicles, im kinnda of embaressed by this whole situation but reading up here makes me feel a litle more confrtable ( sorry english is not my first language).
i was wondering what is the cause of small testicles? is there any way to change this?. i never had any problems with girsl at all but i am very shy to go to a doctor about this....
yeah maybe this is the wrong section but its the very first site i came upon on google..

To continue the topic, i'm expecting a baby soon, so yeah we warent even trying and my wife missed the pills only a couple of days :p so even tho i have small testicles i guess i have super sperm ? well i wish you luck .