Hello - I have never been to this site but I am looking for an anti-anxiety medicine that doesn't cause weight gain. Before I go to my doctor, I want to educate myself as to what is out there. I am already over-weight and do not wish to be counter-productive to my existing weightloss efforts. Is there any other effective anti-anxiety medicine that you have been on which doesn't cause weight gain?

Any insight would be helpful.

Thank you,
Shae

Hello Shaedreams

Have you tried homeopathy? it might be a good idea to talk to your local homeopath. I too, suffered from anxiety and treated myself using homeopathic remedy. it worked wonders for me. I can actually take the car and go where ever I want... before even thinking of going out , would trigger panic attacks for me.

I did go for counselling but that did not help me. Homeopathy is safe, no side effects and no addiction problems either.

I wish you all the best

I got on zoloft and cymbalta and I had gained 30 pounds in three months and I was a hundred pounds. I was am a small woman. I think everyone might be different but I would look up each medication and see the side effects. Good luck.

Hi there, what tamylynn posted is correct. Unfortunately, based on your body's chemistry and everyone else's as well, it is hard to accurately predict what will cause you to gain weight because it affects everyone's body differently. What I can tell you is that you can go on an antidepressant and see how it goes, and if it starts to cause gain then to switch to another. Other than that, I'm afraid it's just trial and error. Does this help?