I have had a problem with pain killers for over 10 years now and I have tried methadone 2 times now. I am on it right now and I have gained 60 pounds in 7months. I am so depressed. I think methadone is a life saver, I have not done any drugs since being on the methadone but wonder what is more important to me using drugs or being so fat that I cn only wear sweatpants. So now I am looking into the suboxone which I was on for a short time before. I realized I do not want to use drugs again but I also can not live at this weight of 200 pounds, I cant even look at myself, I will not undress in front of my husband. I have not heard horror stories about weight gain on suboxone so I am going to start the process that I have to in order to try it. I do know from expeirence that detoxing from methadone you will drop the weight but what I dont know is if I am going straight from one to the other will the weight still come off? I do know that I have to stop the methadone for about 5days before being able to switch but I think I am willing to do anything at this point. If anyone has any info at all about the weight gain issues please let me know. I am very informed on everything elso so please all I want to know is about the weight gain nothing else. I am very unhappy and would like any help about this matter as I can.

I was on methadone for over a year and gained 60lbs, I felt how you feel it was awful. I have been on suboxone for 6 months and i started losing weight right away. The first 15lbs came right off. I had to workout to get the rest off but I had motivation!! something I was terribly lacking with methadone. So I can say with certainty you will be better of on sub. it doesn't effect your metabolism like methadone or make you bloated like a balloon. Suboxone has allowed me to get back down to 125. I am still mad about gaining so much damn weight on methadone. >;)

I feel for you. I know the life all too well. Hang in there. Anyway..............I've been on Sub's for 14 months. About 5 months into that 14, I was put on a mild dose of Celexa for some depression. During the past 14 months, I put on 30lbs. But I'd say 95% of that added weight was put on after I started on Celexa. We all know that ssri's put on weight. So from my experience, I don't think Suboxone is the culprit. I'd say go for it (if you didn't already) Good luck.

I have been on both and Suboxone is a God send. Its much better than methadone. I know I used to addicted to everything. Methadone really gets you high and has side effects Suboxone does not have, yet you still feel great..I would say better than methadone. Lots of my friends took the methadone route and gained weight became lazy, theie teeth and bones started to deminish, developed skin blisters and other things. Everyone I know that has came off of methadone and switched to Suboxone has been a totally different person. They look more healthy and alive, the side effects has went away, its just amazing! Whoever came out with Suboxone Finally got it right. Methadone is NOT the answer! If you have not tried Suboxone yet..just try it..you will not be disappointed!

Girl, your story is my EXACT life! I've gained 50lbs since I started going to the clinic in Feb 2012. I look & feel horrible. I've never weighed this much not even when I gave birth both times! I'm currently at 80mg but I'm really looking into switching to suboxone. Mainly for the weight gain side effect but also I'm really tired missing out on vacations, family trips and all things I miss out on because they literally got be by the balls!! Now, I've heard that you must gradually go down to abt 35-30mg for around 2 weeks then you DON'T DOSE 48hrs before your appointment at the suboxone doctor. I seriously going to give it try. What the heck!!

PLEASE be careful if you do the switch Im considering it too because Not only have I gained a hateful 65lbs but because Im tired and I sleep all the time plus they forbid me from taking my anxiety medication but You may not think that 48 hours of not being dosed doesnt sound bad but It is I didnt do it personally but a friend of mine did, the clinic didnt know she was gonna do it. She went and picked up her friday dose and her weekend bottles and then wasnt gonna take her sat & sun does and she had her appt with the sub doctor on monday She had me hold onto her bottles so she would be able to hold out Well sunday afternoon she called me crying and begging for her bottles because she was in pain, sick and she also was unable to care for her child. Its not that easy so please just be careful Good luck