Hi, I know it probably sounds strange, but I panic every time with bowel movement. I usually have one movement in 2 days, and when it’s going to happen, I think I will have a panic attack! I don’t have an idea why is this happening. Is there anyone who could tell me at least one possible reason?

Hello, I never heard of something like that before. However, I believe it is possible because there are many kinds of panic attacks and causes. Psychological causes are very common in panic disorders. Maybe you had an embarrassing situation when you were a child, which you forgot about. Try to remember, because facing with childhood trauma can help you solve the problem you have today. The other reason could be panic fear of urge on the public place. Shame is a common thing in situations like this, but when it turns into the panic fear, it becomes a problem. I think you should consult a psychologist about this matter.

First, "cures", medical and holistic, can be dangerous, so arm yourself with information. You're obviously connected to the internet, and other sources of info abound, too.
I went on a juice fast and lost everything that had been stuck in my bowel.
I'm not saying everyone has back-up problems, but some do.
It was terrifying, which sounds funny because who gets petrified after they take a dump? I flush poop down the toilet, it doesn't flush me.
But anyway, I freaked out and called an ambulance.
The doctor told me I had a panic attack.

Not that I wasn't being honest before, but honestly, I still don't quite believe that it was a panic attack. It doesn't make sense to me that I felt so much like I was dying, and yet, according to the doctors, I was not, in fact, dying.

But whoever you believe, I think your other respondant might be on to something. I think for some people there's a strong connection between their abdomen and their brain.

You might find it interesting to learn from indigenous people who live in environments very different from "ours".

Hopefully "they" will be allowed to stick around so "we" may learn from them. Please don't think that you are weird:)

Hi:
It sounds like post traumatic stress syndrome to me....Seriously....Are you associating your bowel movements with some trauma that you've experienced. How long have you had these panic attacks? This is something that a counselor could probably help you with. This has to be distressing for you. There's no way to avoid bowel movements. Good luck...I hope you will see a counselor and get at the root of your panic. Please keep us updated on your success.

Hello

Have you tried homeopathy? It is great for issues like this. It does appear that it could be some suppressed history. Either a counsellor or a homeopath will be able to get to the bottom of it.

I personally find that homeopathy works better than counselling, as the homeopath gives remedies that will help you overcome the problem more easily. That is my experience of it anyway.
Either way, I hope you recover from it soon

Can you tell me a little more about it because it sounds to me like it might be effective but what sort of homeopathic remedy do you think that they would recommend? I'd like to know just because it sounds interesting and I'd like to learn a little more. Thanks and I hope to hear from you soon!

hello Bluedog

Homeopathy has over 3000 remedies! Unfortunately the way it works, no homeopath can really tell you that remedy X, for example, is the best for you. For example, in my case, I used a remedy that worked extremely well for me. I really cannot tell you how happy I am now. to have the freedom to go out whenever I want, without having panic attacks! However this same remedy may not work as well for you, it all depends on what is causing the anxiety.

Homeopathy works by treating the root cause of the problem and does not just treat the symptoms. This way, your treatment is more permanent. The homeopath will take your profile and then after studying your case, will find the right remedy for you.

If you want to have a chat with me, no strings attached, do email me :and I will give you my skype name or if you are in the UK , you can get my number from my website and call me. I will be happy to talk to you more about homeopathy.

if you are suffering from anxiety, you really should call your local homeopath for a chat. It really works.. I am living proof of it! Like I said, I really cannot tell you how HAPPY I am now !!!!

Hope this helps!

**this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use

Hi there! THanks for getting back to me so quickly. Yeah I am happy to learn more and I might go see my local homeopath at some point but I'm curious to hear what your specific treatment was. I won't use it to go and try to treat myself, I'm just curious to hear how it works! Can you let me know? Thanks!

Hello Bluedog

I personally used Arg Nit. BUT I have to emphasise that just because it worked for me , does not mean it will work for you. You will need to see your local homeopath to help you.

I wish you a speedy recovery
Good Luck