Hi. I`m 26 yo F and I suffer from anxiety. I can`t stand it any longer, to be troubled with all life problems all day long. Don`t know what to do, really. I`ve heard about some meds to treat anxiety, but I would like to know can one beat anxiety without drugs?

Hi. I have the same problem. Welcome to the anxiety club. You may treat anxiety through conversation with you closest ones. I always talk about my problems with my best friend. It`s really helpful. Hot bath and candles are perfect for relaxation. Meditation is also recommended. Sometimes I watch movies and find myself not thinking or worrying about anything at all. TV rules when you have anxiety problem.

About 15 years ago I went to my doctor and asked him if he could prescribe me with a mild sedative to help me over come feelings of anxiety. He prescribed the drug Seroxat which I now know is prescribe for people suffering depression. The drug I think was quite new about 15 years ago and I certainly found it more therapeutic than any drug I had been prescribed before. I have used it on and off since then. Apparently it combats a deficiency of a natural feel-good chemical in the brain (Serotonin). Today I think of when my life and social set-up was different and I didn't need a drug like Seroxat. I would guess that if one's social/life situation was working properly then the feel-good chemical would be produced naturally in sufficient quantities without having to rely on a man-made drug to induce it. So probably a social support system-friends, clubs, laughter, fun-are all better ways of dealing with anxiety before resorting to prescriptive drugs.

Celebrity
If you are willing to put some time in on yourself you may want to give CBT a try. Cbt teaches you exercises that help you learn to think more objectively. It has changed my life dramatically and I highly recommend cbt for panic, anxiety and depression. If you can't afford a cbt group pick up a copy of been there, done that? Do this! By sam obitz (*****) and start doing the tea form exercise in it. This is one of the two books we used in my group. I was in and out of therapy before finding cbt and helping myself. I have been off meds and feeling better all the time since I finished my group and still do the exercises daily and continue to see improvement.Take care and know you can get better if you learn to think more objectively about your symptoms through the cbt exercises. The more you work on the exercises the more relief you get, Good luck!

I'm also having good success with the cbt exercises. If you are willing to do the exercises they do help a lot.

Celebrity
Good job. The more you do the exercises the more they help and the more automatic the anxiety relieveing thoughts become to you.

Thx jr1. I am continuing to improve :-D

Celebrity
Great job Annie! Keep up the good work and give me an update or ask any questions anytime :-D

HI DOES ANYONE KNOW OF ANY CBT ON LINE TO DO

I HAVE HEARD THAT THERE ARE SITES BUT I CANT SEEM TO FIND THEM X X X

I would encourage you to try flower essences if you are struggling with anxiety and want to stay away from drugs. Flower essences and homeopathy are the only natural therapies that have an extensive history of successfully treating emotional issues. Some herbs and nutritional supplements are beginning to show modest results but I would highly recommend homeopathy. With homeopathy you may actually experience a cure, not just temporary relief.
Nowadays there are natural medicine companies that are making specific homeopathic and flower essences formulas for various mental/emotional conditions. My top 2 I would recommend from experience are the Mind & Body line from SafeCareOTC and also Apex Energetics.
I had wonderful results from the Heal Your Heart formula and was able to finally lift a heaviness and sadness I had been feeling for quite some time. I would really encourage anyone with mental or emotional issues to try this natural route.

are wow thanks a lot it sounds great do you think it may cure me of my panick attacks and the anxiety of going outside.. I can walk around the block, and drive the estate in my car alone but any further and the anxiety starts legs first shaking uncontrolably, then the breathing and then i panick if im going to be stuck in traffic and cant get out. i would love just to be able to be at a junction and remain calm and collected. on walks again my legs go to jelly and it stops me from going any further as i start to fear the worst, im progressing but something like this would be fab for me

http://kingbio.com/safecareotc/index.html has so many do you think the fear potion would do. ps do they doa UK delivery i really hope so

thanks hope to speak again

I definitely think it is worth a try. The formula I took was amazing. I have just had my fiance start taking the Trust formula (dealing with skepticism and distrust of doctors after a surgery went very poorly). Will have to see how it works.

I looked through the SafeCare product list and this one sounds exactly like what you need:
"Peace: Extreme"
For anxiety attacks, hysteria, anguish, apprehension, fear, despair. For promoting inner-strength, tranquility, tenacity, fortitude, harmony.

But, because homeopathy works on such an individual basis, I really think you should go with whichever product you feel drawn to or the one that stands out from the others to you.

If it seems like more than one product fits your condition then you might try one first for a while and if it doesn't work then try the other. Or it may be that one formula will improve your condition but will hit a point where no further improvement is noticed and you need to switch to the other formula to finalize the healing.

Just some thoughts. If you're very unsure just send them an email and ask what they would recommend. I don't know if they ship to the UK but I'm sure you can send them an email and they'll tell you.

Hope this helps!

Celebrity
I don't know any specific sites but there is a lot of cbt info on the web. Try the ADAA site, they are a leader in cbt in the USA and may have something interactive there or be able to point you in that direction XD

Celebrity
There's a site called mood gym that looks pretty good on-line also.

Just to let you know there is an online CBT course called beating the blues, its free through the NHS just ask your doctor.

take care