Hi, I had headaches and migraines for several weeks. I went to doctor, and after physical examination and some other tests, he diagnosed me with antiphospholipid antibody syndrome. Does anyone have this condition? is ti serious?

My mother-in-law has the same problem. She was diagnosed with antiphospholipid antibody syndrome last year, when she went to doctor about numbness in her leg. She did a full blood count, liver enzyme studies and renal function studies. It turned out that she had a trombosis caused by antiphospholipid antibody syndrome. This syndrome is an autoimmune disease, and it occures more in women than in men. The antibodies are fighting anionic phospholipids on cell membranes. She uses aspirin for inhibiting platelet activation and warfarin for anticoagulation. I don’t think there is a better treatment for antiphospholipid antibody syndrome at the moment.