Hello everyone. How are you? My sister's boyfriend was diagnosed with Antiphospholipid Syndrome. It is really hard for me to accept that her boyfriend is one who has some heart problems, I just don't want to believe in it. I want to help him but I don't know how, since I can see that he is pretending that he is doing OK. I am here because I want to hear what do you think, I want you to help me if you can. Do you know how how to treat it?

Thank you all very much in advance. 

Hi there. My friend has this problem. I think that the main cause is still unknown and that the only way of the diagnose is very, very long tests and analyses. What are the treatment options? Well, beside all those things that your doctor will tell you, you need to eliminate some other risk factors that can only make it worse. For example, you need to stop using oral contraceptives, you need to quit smoking if you are a smoker etc. Your doctor can recommend you to use prophylaxis, and this is needed in the case of the surgery or hospitalization.

Hello there. There are several things that you need to know. Unfortunately, Antiphospholipid antibody syndrome (APS) has no cure!  Anyway,  there are so many medicines that can help in the prevention; some medications can help you prevent some possible complications. The main and the most important goal of treatment is to prevent blood clots from forming and keep existing clots from getting larger. It is very important to control that condition. You need to control it if you have some other health issues.  When the other condition is controlled, APS may cause fewer problems. Consult your doctor because it is very bad issue.

Hello there. Maybe it seems unreal to you, but it is very easy to diagnose AP syndrome. It is usually diagnosed with simple blood test that refers to test for AP syndrome antibodies. The doctor will take just a small blood sample, so you don’t have to be scared. This blood is very often drawn from a vein in your arm using a small needle. The procedure usually last for less than 10 minutes, which means that it is quick and easy. But you need to be prepared that this can cause some very short - term discomfort and possible slight bruise at our hand. You may need a second blood test to confirm positive results.

Good day dear friends. Unfortunately, the cause of this syndrome is not completely known yet. I am sure that all experts around the world are working to find it, because I believe that in this case treatment will be much better. Antiphospholipid antibodies reduce the levels of annexin V, a protein that actually binds phospholipids and has potent clot - blocking activity. One of the part of your possible treatment that you'll be prescribed can be a anticoagulant medicine such as warfarin, or an antiplatelet medication such as low - dose aspirin as well. These medicines work by interrupting the process of blood clot formation.