After two miscarriages I was diagnosed with antiphospholipid syndrome. I was told that Aspirin would help. Is it possible that Aspirin can fight the disorder that caused miscarriages? What exactly is antiphospholipid syndrome? Will I be able to have a baby if I take Aspirin regularly?

Antiphospholipid syndrome means that the sample of your blood contained antiphospholipids. These proteins are produced by your own body but they attack your cells because they confuse them with invaders. They disrupt the normal functioning of your cells of different organs an in this way cause serious health issues. Most of those issues concern blood clotting and pregnancy, although other disorders are possible, e.g. thrombosis, stroke, phlebitis, thrombocytopenia, transverse myelitis... You are advised to take Aspirin, Prednisone and also Heparin shots (it is a blood thinner - it will reduce the possibility of the appearance of clots). This therapy should prove beneficial in your case. Your future pregnancies are classified as "high risk pregnancies" so you should act accordingly and follow your doctor’s instruction.

Ditto what the previous poster said. I have Lupus and also have test positive for Anticardiolipin antibodies. I was one Heparin injections twice a day from week 5 of pregnancy until I delivered. Aspirin alone, while helpful, is not enough. You will need to be under the care of a high risk OB and be on either Heparin or Lovenox injections. They are not fun to do but the end result is totally worth it!