Hi, good people. My daughter has been experiencing a mild form of depression lately. I wouldn’t like her to get stuck with medications. Someone said to me to try with rhodiola. I would like to know if anyone here has been using this herb for depression. I would appreciate this piece of info.

Hello. Rhodiola has been used for different purposes. One of the indications is depression and mood disorders. My friend has been taking it for a while. She says that she has experienced some benefits. It is also good for constant fatigue. Nevertheless, if you think your daughter might have depression, you should take her to a psychiatrist. He must set a proper diagnosis. Depression can be a really serious disease. I hope everything will be all right. Bye!

Hi there,
Having depression can be very problematic, no matter what level of depression you have. The fact that you daughter has mild form of depression is good. The fact is that adaptogenic activity of Rhodiola rosea may decrease stress hormone levels. This way her physical side effects of depression can be lowered very much. You can notice increased mood, sleep cycle and emotional stability while she is taking Rhodiola rosea. The facts is that this can be very helpful for your daughter so you might consider giving it to her. If I am not mistaking this can be taken twice a day but you just have to avoid taking these pills before she goes to bed. It can caused sleeping problems as well.