Hello! My teenage daughter is depressed lately and I have also noticed that she has some food problems so in fact I need to get some info regarding eating disorders and depression for I am pretty much positive my daughter is obsessed with her weight despite the fact she is tinnier that she should be and is always counting calories and refuses to eat. And plus she has become so isolated and sad in one word she is depressed –at least that is what I think it actually has become so obvious and I don't seem to manage the right way to help her with this so I thought some eating disorders and depression could help me dealing with this.

Hi! it is very common that eating disorders comes along with depression for it is not like your daughter is depressed for some specific reason such as genetic factor it is more likely it is related to the eating disorders she obviously has. And keep in mind that having an eating disorder is serious condition that demands urgent medical care and help for it could easily trigger the depression among other serious physical conditions that could turn into more serious depression condition with relapsing characteristics if not treated right and on time. Usually eating disorders and depression treatment requires the combination of psychotherapy and nutritional counseling along with taking antidepressants and in some cases even mood stabilizers for eating disorder is very complex condition that could cause serious forms of depression accompanied with mood changes.