Hi, good people. My daughter is a teenager and she has been showing some strange behavior lately. She is quite and like she suffers. I consulted a school psychologist and he told me she might be suffering from teen depression. I was thinking of trying with some holistic healing since I wouldn’t like to hook her up on medications.

Hello. Teen depression is a serious thing. You must be serious when it comes to this. Chamomile can be helpful, at least I have heard so. However, you shouldn’t exclude the official medicine. First of all, medications won’t be her first line of treatment. She should talk to psychiatrist. He should find what could be the possible cause of her depression. Psychotherapy can help in many cases. Good luck!

Hey,

Your daughter is probably in a very hard situation. Maybe it's other friends, groups, maybe it's a situation at home, maybe she thinks she looks younger, older or can't be accepted. There are many problems.

Try talking to her simply, like when it's only you two in a room or somewhere, and just do it slowly. If she has a big problem, don't ask her thousands of questions in one day. Tell her you're there for her, she can trust you and you won't get upset.

It is hard nowadays. I am a 16 year old guy, used to be a very happy and helpful person, loved life, but after 14, when I started looking younger than the rest, my life has been so hard..I've been skipping class for the last few weeks, stopped seeing with my older friends which hurts me cause I know others feel like I'm weird, but it's just this problem inside of me.

Try to understand your daughter. No healing is necessary until you find out at least a little bit about what her problem is

-R