My mum is 73 years old and has recently been diagnosed with depression having never suffered from this before. However, the doctor never gave her a urine test. As she is prone to urine infections could she be suffering from a severe case of this rather than depression. She is very confused, unsteady on her feet, feels sick, is losing a lot of weight and has a very low mood but she isn't in any pain when urinating.

Celebrity
My daughter has a lot of waterworks problems.
Her doctor told her, everytime she feel ill its always a good idear to have a urine sample tested, just in case,
Id do a test an take it to your doctor just to be on the safe side,
When my daughter was very young. One doctor told us we were lucky that she had syptoms as some kidney infections dont have signs. An infections go on an on til the kidney fails in later life.

Especially in the elderly! My grandmother would get extremely confused. Finally, a doctor decided that she was worth his while and spent some time with her. During his assessment I told him that she acted as though she had dementia or altzheimers but I knew she didn't just wake up and have it. He immediately checked for a UTI. He said that elderly people get "loopy" with UTI's. After that, we kept steryl urine cups at home and every time she woke up and asked us who we were, we'd get a sample into the doctor and get a script.
I found this because I'm trying to decide if it could cause depression in younger people. I am 34, pregnant and got severely depressed last week. Went to the ER to see what was wrong with me and the pain in my "baby area". Found out I have a UTI, however they were more concerned about my depression. I don't want to be drugged up for depression if it was brought on by a UTI!!