I have been a patient of Dr. Daniel R. Theesfeld for several years.
He has pain management clinics in Nacogdoches, Longview, & Ft. Worth, TX.
I think he has sold the clinic in Nacogdoches recently but I am not sure.
I have to say this physician is THE RUDEST HEALTH CARE PROVIDER I have ever seen in my life.
MAYBE THAT IS WHAT THE "R" STANDS FOR IN HIS NAME. "RUDE"

I have known and seen several doctors (65 or more) in my life while dealing with illnesses and check-ups for all of my family members, including my elderly Mother and Father.

I would think that the physician's at county and government run health facilities for example like the Veterans Administration Hospitals would have more tendency to have bad attitudes and rude bedside manners, but I believe Dr. Daniel R. Theesfeld will be a hard one to beat.

Like I stated earlier, I have seen this doctor for the treatment of back pain for several years (it's not my choice, it's an insurance deal)
Every time I see this guy his attitude gets worse, and it once made me think, "is it just me or what"
I get along with most anyone and most everyone gets along with me, I'm easy going, I treat everyone with the respect and courtesy, just like how I want to be treated.
Knowing this I knew it couldn't be me, and after I opened my eyes a little and paid attention to the office staff and surroundings I notice the new faces and constant changes in procedures and new personal every time I went to his office, it's kind of funny because after a month or 2 they leave and you have new people to deal with, so there is always a employee change, NOT A ROTATION, because I never see the old office help unless it is somewhere else, and that is where I get my real inside information on Dr. Daniel R. Theesfeld.
I can't say enough about the office staff and the way they treat you as a patient, they even treat you as a real live person with feelings, emotions, illnesses, RESPECT and all, they have to be the best people I have ever come across in a health providers office or clinic anywhere.
It makes it difficult sometimes because I know they will leave the job soon because of the same old normal deal, Dr. Daniel R. Theesfeld's BAD ATTITUDE AND RUDE BEHAVIOR.
I have become friends with some of the ex-staff and with one of the office workers that has stuck it out and been there for awhile and they say the same thing about this doctor,
"HE MUST BE ON SOMETHING".
I tell them that he is putting the other patients, the office staff, and himself in great danger.
HE IS GOING TO MAKE SOMEONE ANGRY ONE DAY WITH THE WAY HE TALKS AND TREATS PEOPLE AND THAT PERSON WHICH IS PROBABLY IN PAIN AND SUICIDAL COULD COME BACK AND DO BODILY HARM TO ANYONE AROUND STARTING FROM THE FRONT TO THE BACK.
I have heard other patients and previous employees say the same thing.
YOU WOULD THINK Dr. Daniel R. Theesfeld WOULD THINK ABOUT THIS, I THINK HE IS TO CAUGHT UP IN HIS OWN LITTLE WORLD AND TO STUPID TO REALIZE WHAT HE DOES TO PEOPLE AROUND HIM.

I have heard him yelling at patients (young and old) thru the walls like a crazed drunk, the times I have seen him in person he says things to me that makes me think I'm back in 2nd. or 3rd. grade.
You would think someone with this man's education level could come up with better terms and vocabulary.
You would also think a doctor like this, that has 2 or 3 clinics would treat his patients (his pay check, his customers) and his employee's with some RESPECT AND CURTSEY.
NOT THIS MAN.
IF YOU HAVE EVER SEEN Dr. Daniel R. Theesfeld YOU WOULD KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT.
His DISRESPECTFUL ATTITUDE, RUDE BEHAVIOR & UNCARING BEDSIDE MANNER TO his patients that come to his clinics for pain management care are treated as if we are nothing but drug addicts from off the street.
That is how he talks to you, like you are seeing him just for drugs
AN ONLY FOR DRUGS...

He doesn't treat you as a person in need of PAIN MANAGEMENT.
He treats you for the easy pay check.
If a patient has good paying insurance and also abuses alcohol &/or illegal drugs, for example; cocaine, marijuana, & other pain meds, he will keep you as a patient, even though this goes against the doctor/patient agreement you have to sign and strictly follow to receive medical treatment from Dr. Daniel R. Theesfeld's clinics.
This agreement is normal with other pain management doctors and clinics, except for the exclusion of using other drugs or abusing alcohol.
You could imagine how he treats a patient that has so-so or mediocre health care insurance or coverage, for example; Medicare or Medicaid.
If you have this kind of low paying strictly regulated health insurance and you do illegal drugs or medication for pain that he doesn't prescribe,
you are fired or Out Of Clinic (OOC) without even an explanation
The clinic does random drug testing to determine if a patient is doing drugs or other pain meds.
The problem with this is the LACK OF TRAINED AND COMPETENT TECHNICIANS TO DO THE TEST.
Mistakes are made constantly with Dr. Daniel R. Theesfeld's Pain Management Clinics on drug screenings and patients are put OOC because of INCORRECT, INCONCLUSIVE, & INCONSISTENT RESULTS.
Like I said before, if you have good paying health coverage YOU ARE SAFE AND CAN DO ANYTHING YOU WANT, if YOU DON'T YOU WILL BE "OOC" without any retesting or explanations.

The first thing they do when you check into the office for an appointment is to ask you if you have your medication bottles with you so they can count your medication.
This is to see if you are abusing it or not, if you don't bring your medication bottles with you they turn you out.
I have no problem with the counting of meds, I think it a good idea if a patient has had drug or drinking problems in the past as well as the present.
What I do each time I have and appointment I always skip 2-4 dose's and endure the pain from each one I miss, I do this so they have something extra to count, and that proves to the system they use that I'M NOT ABUSING MY MEDICATIONS.
They don't bother to even look at medications prescribed from another doctor of clinic.
THEY JUST COUNT THE MEDICATIONS HE PRESCRIBES, that's all they want to see.
They don't even want to know if you are taking anything else or have other health problems.
NOW IS THAT SOME QUALITY HEALTH CARE OR WHAT!!!
When you try to talk to Dr. Daniel R. Theesfeld he backs up against a wall or door and gets defensive, rolls his eyes in his head, acting like he doesn't care what you have to say, he has even came out and said that to me when I tried to tell him about something important to my health care that my other doctor stated I need to let Dr. Daniel R. Theesfeld know about, like I said he ignores you and he gets very offended and defensive when he starts talking down to you again.
Dr. Daniel R. Theesfeld talks DOWN TO YOU not to you as a person or patient.

If I were able to be treated by another physician I would OOC myself.

If you are a patient in need of pain management look for someone else or another clinic, explorer other options.

DO NOT LET Dr. Daniel R. Theesfeld TREAT YOU AS A PATIENT.
or SHOULD I SAY MISTREAT.

Dr. Daniel R. Theesfeld you are a RUDE JERK....

>:( I saw your post and agree 100%. I was dismissed by this arrogant ass not long ago. This man has a "Little God" complex and he needs to get over it. I for one think they Doctor the drug test of the patients he wants to get rid of. I have had drug test to go to work and the urine sample was sealed and labeled in front of you, not at this office. The sample was placed on top of a paper you signed three times but nothing was sealed as it should have been. I failed drug test and was dismissed, but I saw it coming after talking to the Almighty several months before, so I started taping my appointments. I have him clearly lying on the tape. I know it can't be used in court but the right people can hear it and hopefully do something about it. Oh, and I had my own drug test done on the same day as his, he is not as smart as he thinks he is. The real icing on the cake is when I told my primary Doctor about this, she told me I was the second patient who told her the same thing, she couldn't give me the name but they're were certain similarities and also the same insurance company. My Dr. thinks he has a lawsuit and he is getting rid of high risk patients, well he should tell you he doesn't want you as a patient and not make you look like a drug addict. This man has NOT heard the last of me, in fact I am just getting started.....

Well i am a registered nurse and i have been a patient of Dr. Theesfelds since 1999 or 2000....the day i walked in his office i was barely walking and i sincerely wanted to die because my pain was unbearable and i felt so useless in my life...God sent me to this amazing man and i thank God for him every day....he does expect you to help yourself and follow his treatment...i don't have to see him as often now, just for injections from time to time. i was taking about 17 pills for breakfast when i started...now i take two norco every a.m. and a xanax every night...sometimes i require more with bad weather... i went to see doc on 12/8/08 and got injections for the first time in over a year... he held my hand and was so sweet. i know all stories are not as good an outcome as mine...but i think Dr. Theesfeld is an amazing person and Dr. and in all these years i have found him pleasant and compassionate always...i love him so much i travel two hours for my injections from lufkin for the main reason that there is noone else i trust putting a needle in my back...and on that note...i really don't pay him to be a nice guy...i see him to keep me as pain free as possible and to keep me nursing and he has helped me to keep doing my work and feel like i am contributing to my community and family...thank you Dr. Theesfeld and all the staff i have had with you through the years...most the same..Mary Hill RN, CLNC, DON

You may be a registered nurse etc, but I think I saw you in his office once. You didn’t even have an appointment from what I understood the front office staff to be saying to you. You just showed up and expected to be seen. You must have something going on to get that kind of service from this doctor.
Now, lets talk about violations, you can hear everything that is said to a patient in that office. You sign a paper stating who can be spoken to by the staff but right there in front of God and everyone they are telling your business. I heard them tell someone once that a patient owed an ungodly amount of money and he had signed something about payments. The poor girls up front didn’t know what to do about seeing him or not!
I’ve seen patients leave crying or stating that they won’t be seen anymore and have also experienced the cruelty that this doctor has shown to his patients and staff. Those poor nurses have left the room crying because he jumped them for no apparent reason. So, nurse, once you have experienced the wrath of this man lets see what you have to say about him then.

Dana,
I am writing to let it be known that none of the above posts were or have ever been written by me, Kelly Newman. I DO NOT know who wrote them. However just as you have your Suspicions, so do I.
Dana, I know who you have said wrote them and you know what you have said too. This is my formal way of stating that until it was brought to my attention I never would have thought that you would say it was me.
Again, I Kelly Newman DID NOT have anything to do with the above mentioned posts.

HELLO DANA,

JUST TO MAKE IT PERFECTLY CLEAR!! I KELLY NEWMAN HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE MESSAGES POSTED ABOUT BAD ATTITUDE PHYSICIAN.

THANK YOU!!

I am a former employee of Dr. Theesfeld's and I have a few coments to make of him myself. I worked my butt off for him and at the beginning it was okay. I never saw this attitude that I had heard so much about. After I stood up to him for being disrespectful to me that all changed. I am not like everyone else there that will allow someone to disrespect me the way he does. Which is probably the reason that I am now a former employee. No he didn't fire me, I quit! He seems that he just wants to argue with someone all of the time. He thinks that he is a God and everyone in his path should worship the ground that he walks on. I disagree. However, I did learn alot working for the jerk. If you are young and pretty and kiss his butt and flirt with him then you will have a great job. But when your young and pretty and don't flirt back with him, he's an A**! He looks at every patient as if they are doing something wrong. In my eyes being a doctor means that you take an oath to do whatever you can to help a person who is in need of help. Not treat them like a piece of dirt. He does alot of illegal things in that office. Including handing out triplicates when he is not on the premisis. But the state of Texas is already aware of that. You see I inlightened an ex-patient of his what all goes on there and let's just say that last month Dr. Theesfeld got his a** handed to him. I'm sure if some of the employees are reading this you know who I am but I really don't care. I don't have to cower down to you or the Doctor! I used to be scared to make a mistake in that office but after being disrespected so much I just didn't give a c**p! I never stopped working my butt off! But I think that I was taken for granted just a little bit! Dr. Theesfeld is not what I would consider a pain management doctor. I consider him a liscensed drug dealer with major trust issues. What me and my family say, if you have trust issues like that then that means that you are likely doing something wrong yourself. I am 100% stress free since leaving that clinic and now my father is too since putting the a** whole in his place with all of the hippa violations he has on him. This isn't the last you have heard from me.

Well I thought I was the only person that thought Dr. Theesfeld was a pompous prick. WAS I WRONG!
It's very interesting to see I'm not the only person that has had problems with this physician & his so-called pain management clinic.
Also I guess these post's are what Dr. A-hole mentioned to me the day I decided to fire him as my pain management doctor after dealing with his Mickey Mouse c**p for over 2 years.
I thought he was talkin' about the HIPPA violations I had turned in online at the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services Office for Civil Rights.
Boy did it make my day when I found this website, along with a couple of other web links that I'll post for ya'll at another time.

I'm so glad to have found this website this weekend while doing a web search for his clinics address, for the malpractice case he is going to have hammered into his azz, along with the numerous HIPPA violations that several other patients & I have been talkin' about over the last few months, and the violations of several DEA laws that I also discovered when talkin' to the DEA's diversion investigator in Tyler about the issuance of type3 drugs.

Check out:
code of federal regulation 1306.05 Manner of issuance of prescriptions policy info responses.
At the DEA's website url: www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov

Oh, Mrs. Dana, you might be in a part of that too. So sorry.
Remember when I would ask you if the doctor was in the office on the days I would pick-up my prescriptions and you told me he was in the Ft. Worth clinic.
Turns out you are not qualified as an LVN to issue these types of prescriptions, and it just snow balls from there.
Sorry I can't say much more about this right now.

The DEA agents were very interested in what I had recorded from those office visits too.

I'll post more on all of this stuff later so check back.

Doc, you brought this on yourself, and like I told ya, I'm not the only person that has dealt with you that thinks the same way.

All I wanted & needed was courteous, compassionate, and above all else, professional health care for pain, as would anyone else dealin' with these problems, but you couldn't or wouldn't even show an smidgen of respect or compassion to me or anybody else as far as that matters.

I don't know what your problem is but you apparently have one, a BIG ONE NOW, and not only with me.

Oh, Mrs. Kelly, if you need any help with the problem I read about in your post's I'll be more than willing to help, it doesn't surprise me that Dana would say the things that she probably said to you.
She can't deny what I have on tape about the comments about Theesfelds behavior

Our Great state of Texas is one of many that have laws pertaining to recording conversations like this.
It's called one party consent statute.

I call it C.Y.A. (cover your ass)
Go to this website and look at some of the information about this.
http://www.rcfp.org/taping/

You can also look up Texas constitution and State and federal laws.

Like I said, I'll post more later when I can.

This post was submitted by Keith on 1-31-2009

I hope this helps others that might make the mistake of becoming a patient of Theesfelds.
Whatever you do, LOOK FOR ANOTHER PHYSICIAN.

No one in this clinic is certified to run the x-ray machine they have up there either. Not to mention the fact that the people assisting in giving you your injections are certified or licensed to do so.

OCCUPATIONS CODE

TITLE 3. HEALTH PROFESSIONS

SUBTITLE K. PROFESSIONS RELATED TO USE OF CERTAIN MEDICAL EQUIPMENT

CHAPTER 601. MEDICAL RADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGISTS

Sec. 601.001. SHORT TITLE. This chapter may be cited as the Medical Radiologic Technologist Certification Act.

Acts 1999, 76th Leg., ch. 388, Sec. 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1999.

Sec. 601.002. DEFINITIONS. In this chapter:

(1) "Authorized person" means a person who meets or exceeds the minimum educational standards of the board under Section 601.201.

(2) "Board" means the Texas Board of Health.

(3) "Department" means the Texas Department of Health.

I know that the people he has running his x-ray equipment are not licensed because he had me run it and I haven't even went to college yet. Plus the people who draw up the medication in the needles for the injections have no certification what so ever! He was having me trained for that as well!!! Talk about illegal!

He gave me Severance and I walked out on him during a busy business day. Was it hush money??? Anyone else get money when they left??

1. RN's letting physician use their name on records for pushing meds
2. LVN's pushing meds and are not certified to do so
3. Unlicensed and uncertified employee's running x-ray machine
4. Unlicensed and uncertified employee's pushing meds during injections
5. Unlicensed and uncertified employee's prescribing medications or handing out triplicates when the physician is not present in the clinic
6. Non-professional personnel cleaning the clinic (check under your bed their may be someone ele's blood under there.)
7. Roach and other insect infestation
8. Scrub area and break room in same area
9. Physician billing for something he has never done for a patient
10. Physician self medicating

I didn't get severance pay I had to fight for my vacation and sick time.

Give it a break already!! I’ve already been accused of posting all of these things, and was never given a chance to redeem myself!! I’ve stated before I have had nothing to do with anything on this site other than the comments that “I haven’t had anything to do with these posts”. Good friends or friends I thought were good friends have turned on me and I’m just ready for the B S to stop!! I’m afraid that all you are doing is spinning your wheels. Because of these posts I have been unable to get a decent job and these posts were used against me in getting my position back at the clinic. I loved all of our patients there and hate that this was even started.

I’m sorry that names were mentioned, but I wanted to get my point across. If you’re reading this, and you know who you are, I’m sorry I put your name in here. But look at the HELL I was going through and what was being said about me. I was trying to protect myself, and put in my position, you probably would have done the same thing.

If any patients are reading this I Miss Each and Every One of You!! If any employees are reading this I miss you too.

Guest wrote:

This arrogant Dr. should be run out of town on a rail, he has a LIttle God complex and he needs to get over it. The last few months I went here I knew something was up so I started taking a tape recorder, I am so glad I did from some of the post on here. I have a lot more info on this good Dr. and his staff.