Hi, I have been prescribed with Provigil but I don’t know if it has effectiveness and can stop sleep disorders.

Hi, I have used Provigil for a while, but then I stopped because I got no relief from it. I took it, 200 mgs, for a few weeks in the fall, but it didn’t really improve my condition. Then, my doctor suggested me to try it again. But, this time I have been recommended to take 400 mg. So, I think that dosage needs to be regulated by specialist. I experienced some crash during the day, if I took regular dosage. Usually about 1 or 2 o’clock p.m., I would feel very exhausted. So, there was that strange experience as you said, but not everyone has such experience.

My Neurologist prescribed Provigil for my fatigue. He told me that If it is going to work, it will work within 2 days. It did nothing for me. When I told him that it did nothing, he responded, "thats good, you probably do not have MS". He believed Provigil only worked on some forms of fatigue, most commonly fatigue caused by MS.