i'm hoping that i'm not the only one who is dealing with this. i had started having a migraine september 9th of this year and it has been 24/7 insane pain with no end in sight. around the 16th i started having really bad seizures. i had an mri and ct and eeg, and the neurologist said that there was nothing wrong with me and that everybody has this. i think he's full of c**p. i've never had a migraine before and didn't know what was wrong. i lost vision in my left eye while at work and had to be rushed to the hospital where they pumped me full of morphin and gave me vicatin for the pain. didn't work, other then to make me sleep. then i started to have stroke like symptoms with loss of feeling in my lower body and left side. now i have siezures but only in my right side. i can't talk when i have them and talk like i'm drunk and no one can understand me. these last for about 5-10 mins and i'm having them every other day now. the migraines are getting worse and i can't drive or do much of anything. i was prescribed nortriptylin 5 times a day and the only thing it's doing is making me sleep. this is very irritating since i have to take a lot of time off work till i can find out what the hell is going on. if anyone is experiencing this as well it would be nice to know that i'm not going crazy.

I am so glad I found this site and understand everything you say. My husband had a head injury last April and have experienced everything you have since the accident. We had a c***p neuro dr who I think thought we were making everything up. His only interest was if there was a claim in process after the accident. We are still fighting to get a diagnossis but our GP is great and spends a lot of time with Martin trying to sort things out. Martin has had loads of CT's EEG's MRI's MRA's and all neg. At least once a month he is rushed to resuss in A&E are he has been fitting for over 20 mins. The siezures and migraine are part of our everyday lives now. He is unable to work or drive and is very depressed. We would love to have a final diagnosis Our lives have completly changed unless anyone experiences what we are going through no one would ever understand. I do hope you get sorted and things get better for you. :-D

Hi

Wow it sounds like you may have something like what I have. I have migraine induced non-epileptic seizures - this doesn't mean they are made up, they are a real physiological condition. When I first heard the term I thought it implied that I was faking them, but my neurologists have reassured me they do not think this. My sister is an epileptic so me developing seizures was never really a surprise. Look about on the internet as there is some very useful information and perhaps go back to them with this suggestion.

They are hard to pick up and prove. I had an EEG which was video recorded in a small room for three days, where we managed to induce 3 seizures. After witnessing it, they came to the conclusion of this. Since then I have learnt to control them.

I really hope you guys have some better luck with the doctors and I hope this has been of some use.

Lizzie

I to have migrain induse seizures, it started when i was 4 yrs old now 29. The docs couldnt fig out why i was has having them thwy were calling them grandmal seizures up until this yr. When i got a new neurologist who had told me there really not seizures but have same effect as one. He said it could be a cyst in my brain that every one has. I usually only have maybe two a yr. But since im pregnant they took me off depakote and put me on keprra. Now im having them it seems all the time i cant go out side in the heat or sun or ill have a reaction and go into a seizure and break out in hives. My body go`s numb i cant move because no control of my muscles i cant talk i see spots and throw up. Im sick of living like this and not sure what to do i hope my doc. Can help me tomarrow i just want a normal life...

And i guess these seizures dont effect the baby tg!

i too am having the same symptoms and migraine issues. my mri and ct came back normal. they say nothing is wrong with me.. if this is the case then wtf is the problem????

My sister has been going through the same problem. Chronic migraines non-epileptic seizures and every time she goes to the doctor there is no solution to the problem. I fear that they are over medicating her at times. It hurts to see her go through so much pain. Due to her health she is now on disability and might be suffering from depression. I hope that the solution to this problem can come up to the surface fast because I am not sure how much constant migraines and seizures my sister can continue undergoing.:'(

I too have these type seizures I finally found a neurologist who figured out at least a sensiable conclusion, i went thru all the video stuff too , seems like after keeping a log i always had a seizure within a few short days or shortly after, when you have a migraine the blood vessels are constricted which in turns blocks the serontonin levels that goes to the brain then when it opens up you get a massive amount too much and bammmm. if you dont get enough then over indated the brain gets all messed up it just cant handle it makes more sense than saying you are having psychological  problems I had a serious head injury and have several white spots on my brain, I am trying baby asprin to help keep my blood thin so the blood doesnt :clog: up during my migrains I never had migrains until the accident just remember there is light at end of tunnel i have had to change my life because of this now i know that if i get a migraine i may have a sz in  the next week in my log sure enough it happens keep a seizure log you will see. good luck.

Ive had only a few migraine seizures and they were brought on by an allergic reaction from eating too much shellfish. ( In other words, an allergic reaction to the iodine). I've also been told I have MS, which is quite literally the medical communities excuse for "they don't know". It makes me wonder what pesticides and/or chemicals are being engineered into our food sources. My cure has been to stay away from shellfish ande eat organic foods. It might be more expensive than store bought, but heck or a lot cheaper than being ill and facing a mound of wrongly diagnosed medical bills! Ps-Good Luck!

Last week my husband called 911 and an ambulance rushed me to the hospital with convulsions that would left me unable to speak.  After a CT scan and an EEG, the neurologist in the hospital told me there was no reason for my migraines and suggested to my husband a psychiatrist was in order. The next day, my regular neurologist said I could have atypical migraines that present with a seizure-like symptom.  I've had migraines for 15 years, but this is the first time I've had convulsions.  Also was coming off nortriptyline that another neurologist put me in that resulted in horrific side effects.  Hoping I never have these again, but atleast I'll know what they are if they happen again.  This site was very encouraging to know there are others out there with similar symptoms and non-sympathetic doctors.  You're not making them up!!

About a month ago I was driving on the freeway with my GF and her daughter in car and my Gf said I told her my chest had started hurting and I grabbed my chest. that is last thing I remember. She said I got a blank expression on my face as we were exiting freeway and she had to coax me to a stop so we could switch places. During this time she said I blacked out. She rushed me to hospital thinking it was a heart attack or stroke. I "came to" in ER. While I was in ER i had what appeared to staff as an epileptic seizure of some sort, of course i do not remember anything. Anyway, after a week of being in hospital and many mris and cts and eegs, echocardiograms, and much bloodwork and being video taped and witnessed by the team of drs it was concluded I had a form of migraine called complex migraine. I also had a loop recorder implanted in my chest because they think my heart may be what is causing what they are now referring to episodes. My neuro has put me on Keppra and Robaxin but I am still having them as many as twice a day. They have progressed from resembling stroke to a full grand maul seizure. I have notified my neuro but was told to continue my meds and come in for a follow up. After I have an "episode" I am exhausted and have a bad headache and am confused and cannot remember anything. I hope maybe someone here can relate and maybe give me some insight as to a possible solution.

I have migraine symptoms like that as well. I have had it for 18 years. I have basilar migraine and trigeminal neurologiA. I still have episodes but not as frequent as my youth where I had them full blown every day with multiple auras. I take a mulitvitamin. I have to make sure I get sleep. I also do stress management. I found various food triggers I avoid. I do not take any preventatives any more And that's worked fairly well for me.

Yes you are not only then person who is dealing with migraine. There are a lot of people who is suffering with migraine. I am one of them. It is a horrible experience. When I cousult with doctor he told me these are the reasons of migraine

Alcohol

Aspartame

Caffeine

Food Additives

Hormonal changes

Skipping meals

Sleep imbalance

Magnesium works effectively in such situation.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Hi I am having something I think is like Auras without Seizures. I get a little nauseated then I slow down and can't talk, (like if I was drunk), tingly sensation in different parts of my body, I feel like I am in a dream or not really there, my eyes feel like zoomed out and everything looks magnified and my eyelids feel droopy. Then as it passes after 10 to 15 minutes then my eyes bug out and stare out. I have been having this for a month and a half. I blame it on Nortriptyline (i take for diabetic neuropathy) because I took myself of the pills and I was okay for about a week. I started taking them again (couldn't handle my foot pain) and three days later the episodes started again. I had 2 MRI's, 1 CT Scan, and yesterday I had an EEG. My neurologist doesn't seem to believe me because she said my brain is unremarkable but I'm not making this up. I think it's the medication.

I just want all of you to know that you are not "crazy". When most physician can't find a logical explanation for a medical problem instead of saying "I don't know" they give a diagnosis that indicates a psychologic disorder. Now, don't get me wrong there are many true psychological disorders, which many patients truly exhibit. However, the symptoms many have described are real and I exhibit them as well. My symptoms presented one day out of no where in adulthood and I have exhibited them for 5 years. I've been to many physicians and not all of them have called me "crazy". I presented with the same symptoms migraines first, confusion, irritability, hypersensitive to light and sound, slurred speech left-eye twitches, left-sided weakness, then symptoms can proceed into a seizure like episode. Left-side contracting, in face, which can over time progress down body. In essence, I presented with classic migraine symptoms, but can also exhibit seizure like episodes. My EEGs and MRIs are normal. I have found no real answers or solutions for my condition. I live in a small city, with limited specialist. I just started seeing a migraine specialist out of town so hopefully he will have some answers. I will tell you that my triggers are fluorescent lights, computer screens, sleep depravation, and skipping meals. However, I'm able to use an iphone. I would really suggest seeing if fluorescent lights and computers screens trigger your symptoms. Almost every public place has fluorescent lights except sitdown restaurants. However, I can decrease the frequency of my attacks by limiting exposure to known triggers. If you find that fluorescent lights and computers are triggers, it helps if you wear amber colored sunglasses during exposure. Keep a diary and learn what triggers your symptoms. Even foods can trigger migraines. I hope this was helpful and if anyone one finds a solution please let us know. Thanks and bless all of you.