I have depression problems, anxiety problems, fears. Quite enough for a 33 years of life. I do not even remember what it looks like to be normal, without meds. Still, I do not plan to give up that easily and I am constantly trying to improve my therapy so that I could function more properly. Can Zoloft be used as needed or it needs to be taken regularly? Even though I am constantly on meds, I hope that there is one I dont have to use each day.

Unfortunately, I guess that you already know that it does not work that way. Every medication must be taken as prescribed each day once or several times, depending on the medication. Only then can therapy succeed. People today do not take doctors orders seriously enough. When they feel better, they immediately stop taking drugs, and then start again when they feel bad. This is wrong, and therapy loses its effect. Please, I order for Zoloft to take effect you must take it as told.

I originally took Zoloft for 4 months, and at then end of those 4 months, I was laid-out on my sofa every day, unable to function, worse-off than I was before I started taking it. It also caused problems with dry mouth and slowed the flow of my urine??? So I tapered-off and got my energy back. But I kept the rest of the prescription. And later when I felt super-anxious and overwhelmed, I'd take half a pill (I was on the lowest dose), and it helped so much!! I am tempted to get another prescription just to have it to take as needed again because it worked so well for my anxiety, but I'm sure most doctors would not agree with prescribing it that way. It REALLY worked for me to take it as needed for anxiety without being addictive.

I have been taking it about 4 months. It has helped but I am so sleepy during the day. I am on a very low dose. I am slowly tapering off. I thought if I took it at night I wouldn't be sleepy during the day but I am.