Hi, I suffer from excessive sleepiness for a long time. I was told to use provigil, and I would like to know if it really reduces the symptoms of fatigue? Did it help anybody?

Hi, I am 54 years old, and I have difficulties staying awake. I feel unusually sleepy all the time, even when it’s really important to stay awake. I can’t control the fatigue. I visited a doctor, and he prescribed me provigil for fatigue. I started using it six days ago, and to be honest, I still don’t feel any change in my condition, but I guess it takes some time to start having effect. I am using 200 mg of provigil for now, and maybe I will increase the dose if my doctor says it’s OK. I know a woman who had some side effect when she was using provigil. I think she had nausea, nervousness and anxiety. Fortunately, I don’t have similar problems with this drug, and I am very optimistic because I heard it really helps.

Provigil was prescribed to me because of extreme fatigue, not sleepiness. It has certainly helped my life a great deal. I still have bad days, but I have more good days than I used to have.

Unfortunately the first week was awful because of side effects, but it wasnt unbearable, so after the dizziness, nausea, 'buzz' wore off, all was good. I did start feeling the effects within the first 2 to 3 days, and have been on it for almost a year.

I have been diagnosed with sleep apnea and have many of the symptoms of narcolepsy. I was on Adderall XR before being put on Provigil. The Adderall worked the majority of the day, but would wear off by the mid afternoon. I now take Provigil 200 mg twice a day, and it has helped tremendously. I am no longer struggling to stay awake. I have not ever had any side effects. I hope it helps you as much as it has helped me!