ok, so i have posted here before but im trying to figure it out! im 18, male, otherwise healthy. for a year i have been gradually been getting dizzy and about 6 months ago i started having really bad dizziness with a scary rapid heart beat and it pounded. i was diagnosed with mono at that time and was also given several other tests all came out fine and the doctor cannot find whats wrong with me. i was put on anxiety medicine to see if that helped (which it did, a little, though i wasnt very stressed or anxious anyways) also my blood pressure has been high (around 130/70-150/80 and it has been as high as 170/100) i get very tired and my heart pounds rapidly with even low exertion. i have had several smallers symptoms like chest pain, weakness and slight numbness in my hand and foot, night sweats, fatigue, ringing in my ears, blurry and foggy vision, dry eyes, and my limbs fall asleep very easily. like i said i have had a ton of tests and the doc is stumped. blood tests, heart echo, ekg, holter, thyroid, etc etc. my immune system has been down as well. overall, since about 6 months ago i do feel a bit better but its still really bad. could i just have a severe case of chronic fatigue?? tell me what else you think it could be. thanks!

Now that you mention fatigue, have you been checked for the presence of Epstein-Barr virus? I knew a lady who also had problems that were persistent for over a year and doctors couldn’t find what was going on with her. She started being weak and slow, physically and mentally, would get tired after any of these activities, had joint and muscle pains, headaches, problems with sleeping, being moody and more often depressed.

After being tested for Epstein-Barr virus, it was determined that she suffered from chronic fatigue syndrome. This disorder is very hard to diagnose, as fatigue resembles many disorders and illnesses and I don’t think there is a specific test for it.

The presence of Epstein-Barr virus is not always the sign and the virus doesn’t even have to be present with the disorder.

It is a possibility you could look into!

I realize you posted this a while ago, so hopefully you've gotten a DX by now, but I thought I'd respond just in case. Have you gotten an MRI to test for multiple sclerosis? If not you need to get one ASAP. All of your symptoms are classic MS symptoms - optic neuritis (characterized by blurry vision), numbness in extremities, vertigo (the dizziness you describe), fatigue, and anxeity. Tell your doctor you want to be referred to a neurologist! It took 6 years of my reporting symptoms of MS before one doctor finally got a clue and referred me for an MRI. Multiple sclerosis is a progressive degenerative disease of the central nervous system. With treatment, most people with MS live normal life spans, but it can be severely disabling if not detected early.

Please let me know what you find out.

Epstein Barr is actually the virus that causes mono. This virus has been identified as a trigger for MS. People exposed to the virus are said to be 4 times more likely to develop MS.

Maybe you should look into Adrenal Fatigue as the cause of your problems. There are some good books on it, but many doctors will not be aware of it. You may have to find a naturopath to help you. Good luck.

Don't believe the ignorance of doctors. I had a fiance that went through similar symptoms, they thought it was all in his head - he had his heart checked out, holter & everything...was simply put on anti-anxiety meds
HE DIED SUDDENLY OF A HEART ATTACK AT AGE 29. Just an electical misfire.

Not saying this is you...but follow your own intuition. What is your body saying to you. If you ever have dreams of going through tunnels with light at the end, be extra careful.

hi.. was just reading your post ..hope your feeling better .. incase your not im thinking.. conn's sydrome.. check it out heres a web site .. wish you the best ... http://www.labtestsonline.org/understanding/conditions/conn.html.

cud be a food/ chemical allergy.. i work in the health industry and see loads of people who had been suffering with symptoms for years and it ended up being something they were taking into their body regularly..
hope you are better anyways!
:-D

I am 18 and I have vasa vagel syndrom. They couldn't figure out what was wrong with me for years. It's a nerve near your diagram that keeps your brain and heart from working together. I am always exhausted with some of the same symptoms you mentioned. They prescribed me Floronef or Fludrocortisone. They say most people grow out of it, but my attempts to go off medication were not successful. I would suggest a tilt table test. Rare but a hospital will do it.

I know this is an old post and im not sure if you have been diagnosed.
This may sound silly but you may want to have a sleep study done if you still dont know the problem. Sleep Apnea affects your breathing but can also result in night sweats, nightmares, heart problems such as fast or irregular beating, fatigue, etc. You would be surprised how many things it can affect

I was wondering if you've had any luck. The dizziness sounds a lot like an inner ear issue...possibly Meniere's. My husband rode a roller coaster once and the crystals in his ear became unaligned. He was dizzy for months and couldn't drive. It took several months of therapy to get them right again and he still can't look up without getting dizzy.

Hey, I was initially looking up something for myhusbands symptoms and I happen to see your concern. I too, for 6 months + have had almost exactly the same symtoms that you have had. The neurologist that I had went to had said that I was having partial complex seizures. They put me on Lamictal and haven't had an episode since. Now, granted I do get alittle dizzy at times but not even remotely close to what it was. Please check that out!!!!!

Hey, im nearly 16 & i have been having alot of pain in my lower back on my left side. I also been having alot of pain when i go to the bathroom. I am NOT sexually active yet which i am proud to say. When i see a doctor they only put me on anti-biotics and say it will clear up. But with my back i havnt told many people as i hate people thinking that im whinging. I just want to know what it could be? Thankyou!!

Have you been tested for lyme disease contracted throught a tick bite can you remember ever being bitten or have you had an unexplained rash, dizziness, ears ringing, palpatations, faitigue and numbness are all symptoms of lyme. I also think i may have this also.

I have turned to so many doctors for help and even provided a detailed list of symptoms and still they don't have a clue. Parasites are what doctors should be more informed about instead of sending you home with no answer and feeling hopeless. I am no doc but I'm 99% sure what it could be. Just search (Intestinal Parasite) It explains it all. Parasites are very hard to detect and cause many symptoms that come and go and mimic other diseases. Common symptoms,Dizziness-Chest pain-Anemia-Central nervous system-Cramps and bloating-Nausea-joint pain-Rash-Night sweats-Immunodeficiency-Blurry vision-Fever-Headaches-Chills-Coughing-Anxiety-And CRONIC FATIGUE Well I hope that this helps atleast one person because I had to observe and finally diagnose myself. One way the lab can test for this is a simple stool sample and drug treatments could last between a week and a month but it's worth knowing that your health problems will soon be taken care of. I know I am. Don't give up and send a reply if this makes any change in your health. Thanks!