I am interested in a role of autoantibodies in systemic lupus erythematosus. Doctor has mentioned them on the day I was told I have this disease. I have been having issues with tiredness and muscle pain, followed with skin changes. Now, I am trying to understand my condition so that I could fight it more effectively. Help me, please.

SLE, or systemic lupus erythematosus is autoimmune illness that has a large variety of symptoms. Doctors did not succeed in finding the cause of it and there is no cure, which does sound dangerous. Still, today there are effective medications that help with sustaining and completely removing the symptoms during the SLE attacks. Main characteristic of this condition is making of auto antibodies, produced by our own immune system. They are attacking our own cells, causing a lot of trouble.