Hi, I’ve got enlarged lymph nodes and no manifested infection, so I wonder if this could be a sigh of an autoimmune disease. I heard that this could be related to autoimmune disorders and I have family history of such a disease.

Hi, I also had enlarged lymph nodes when I had auto-immune reaction. It is a usual thing to have lymph nodes enlarged in region where immune response is taking action. Autoimmune response means that there is a failure in recognizing body’s own cells or molecules. So, immune activity is driven against these cells and tissues. Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE), Sjögren's syndrome and Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) are all disorders of immune system, where body actually destroyes it’s own tissues due to taking them as invaders. Some blood tests are performed to determine augmented level of specific antibodies characteristic for autoimmune disease in order to make a diagnose.

I have been experiencing joint and muscle pain for the past few months. My doctor thinks I may have rheumatoid arthritis. I too have had swollen lymph nodes. Is this normal?? I was getting woried that the lymph node pain was a symptom of something else, but it does make sense that they are related.

I just read your postings on autoimmune syndrome, and i sound a bit paranoid, but all the symptoms I have seem to fit. All my joints are a bit achet ( thought that this was due to my anxiety) I have huge thick dense bones, and my lymph glands are swollen and have been for some while. Arthritis is in our family ( everyone) that is, but me has been recognised to have it. Though I am worried a bit about my lymph glands as they are definately swollen and i have a tender chest, and its all lumpy.

Then I think I am just being a hypocondriact- and I should know better than to wasit a doct time- so dont even make an appointment. Is this just my anxiety making me worry like this or is this more serious.

I also visited the nurse over a week ago and my bp was up- am I going insane? Too scared to go bakc to my docotor, he may give me a row or call me a melingerer- so avoidining th whole thing. Then panic incase there is something really wrong like breast doom. Sorry of to sry again.