Are there any folks here who have got autoimmune hepatitis and still like to have a drink on occasions? I am so fed up with not being able to have even a drop of alcohol since the diagnosis and I am pretty darn sure that there are some folks who don't stick to this recommendation. What are your views about drinking with autoimmune hepatitis?

I am in the same boat, AIH and alcohol free for over a year, two really. All I know is that the few times I have experimented with a drink or two, my enzyme levels have come back higher. I still think it is coincidence, but that is my desire to enjoy a drink or two again in this life talking. I am hoping that after treatment the docs will suggest moderation to some degree. Good luck; know there are other entirely frustrated non-drinking patients out there feeling your pain!!