A friend of mine has just been diagnosed with autoimmune hepatitis. To be honest I didn’t even know that existed. I had heard of Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C, but autoimmune hepatitis? Never! Of course I am now very worried for my friend, and I would like to learn more about the prognosis. Where can I find out more about that? Any details are appreciated.

I am so sorry to hear about your friend! I notice that you mention Hepatitis A, B, and C. Please don't think that these have anything to do with autoimmune hepatitis, which originates from one's own body and is not contagious. Most people with autoimmune hepatitis go on to have relatively normal lives, though your friend will most likely be given prednisone or other immuno suppressants. In some cases, people with autoimmune hepatitis need liver transplants.

Your friend may likely be extremely tired, in pain and nauseous.