Hi my name is Pat. About 4 years ago i was diagnosed with autoimmune hepatitis. During the first few stages of recovery my liver disease was determined as pre-cirosis. My liver disease was controled after being perscribed to prednisone and i was slowly taken off of this med and was put on imuran. I have been taking it for about 3 years and i am now in remission. I have smoked pot for about 2 years and smoked a good amount in the past year. Until recently i have not felt that anything was wrong with my liver and was feeling good. I have recently started to have some weak pain in my right side and i am wondering if smoking pot has any major affects to my type of liver disease, or possibility of me being taken out of remission? Any responses would be very helpful and greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time,
Pat

So my mom possibly has autoimmune hepatitis.
She used to enjoy moderate amounts of wine and beer.
If she does have atoimmune hepatitis I'm thinking of giving her pot
moderate amonts of course
3 joints a week or less

Any thoghts?

like, how she can test herself to see how here liver is reacting to things, etc
maybe alternatives to smoking?

thanks
Luis
Caracas, Venezuela

my mom possibly has autoimmune hepatitis, she can't drink alcohol I'm thinking of giving her pot

moderate amonts of course
3 joints a week or less

Any thoghts?

maybe alternatives to smoking?

thanks
Luis
Caracas, Venezuela

My doc told me smoking pot did not affect the liver. Technically neither does heroin, since it is injected intravenously, but I'm sure she was only joking about that one.

:-)

I was diagnosed with AIH 8 years ago, been in remission for 6, and been smoking pot for 4 and for the past year I average an oz a month. I was on imuran but now I am down to 500mg of cell cept a day. Four the past four years that I have been smoking pot my labs have continually come back perfect but I do occasionally feel the pain in my right side that you mentioned. Im pretty sure marijuana has no effect on your liver and even so my doctor said that I could have the occasional drink as long as it is not routine. I have actually heard that marijuana has a positive affect with autoimmune diseases. Here is a link to an article medindia.com/news/Cannabis-can-Help-to-Treat-Allergies-Autoimmune-Disorders-21827-1.htm
Hope this helps as
i had the same question for a long time.

Hi Pat,
I was diagnosed autoimmune hep when i was 16 yrs old. They put me on tons of steroids. this was disasterous for a young girl. I started looking up alternatives that were more geared toward herbal so I could get off the roids. What I found:
Marijuana suppresses your immune system! I told my doc F the roids "quality of life is more important than quantity" and quit taking the Prednisone and mercaptopurine and Zoloft and everything else they had me on and started smoking daily. Doc said" you'll kill yourself. No one gets off the meds."
I proved her wrong. I still get labs drawn and everything comes in A-OK except my platelets are a bit under the normal range. if I may say so I believe with all my heart that POT not the doc's evil meds put me in remmission and is keeping me there!
I've been off the roids for 2 and a half years now and just smoke herb to treat myself and stay far from liqour. I am working on getting Autoimmune Hep approved as a condition for using medical marijuana since I have all my medical reports proving my case.
Hope I was of some help. Either it really works or I'm just some freak medical miracle.

does smoking can see in medical?

Hi there,
I also have been diagnosed with autoimmune hep and was just wondering if anyone out there can tell me just how much pot a day they smoked to make a difference as my doctor has even agreed after much research that i should give it a go.
cheers

Hi all,

I have AIH too, for 5 years now.  I smoke pot too with no noticeable effect on my disease - via blood tests, which are good with azathioprene.  However, smoking pot affects other areas of my life, and it is not good to be secretive - as you must be if you have a job.  If pot were legal, I would be OK with using it.  It is not legal, yet I continue.   Mostly because it really helps my anxiety level and provides a way to let go of stress.    It does affect my memory, though, and my "quickness."  I am suprised to find others smoking it for this condition.  I heard it reduces inflammation and I know it "takes the edge off."  Thanks for the discussion.

To use Green Dragon is the way to go.

It is a good medicine and good pain killer.

Not to detect by law easy.

1 liter will last you for several tears.

Its not cheap .... it works well.

Most important you dont have to smoke.

Just eat or drink it.

I use 2 thee spoons a day..never get stoned..can work well.

Green dragon you make at home.

Plant the plant and wait to flower..nice and purple.

Split the plant stamb ..3-7 days before you cut it. THC will rise 50%.

Than just put the plant after dry ...all of it... in a blender.

1 plant you should have about 200-300 gram dry stuff.

Take 2 plants dry pulp to mix with any alcohol +45%

Leave it for 1 month in a dark place and shake a bit every day.

Filter..and done.

Keep it cool and dark. Can use in all places. It not smells or look like anything illigal.

Mix with any drink or food.... start careful 1 thee spoon can be enough.

Just a tip Pirate XX

Hi Pat, I see your post was 3 years ago, but wondering how things were going for you now? Thank you, a fellow AIH.

The link is a published medical journal regarding autoimmune liver diseases / hepatitis and cannabinoids. It’s a bit challenging to get through but ultimately this is what I gathered: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4139007/pdf/nihms-617536.pdf

CB1 agonists (Like THC - NOT THCA, remember they are totally different) alone can actually negatively enhance liver issues
THC binds with both CB1 and CB2 receptors, but has a much higher affinity for CB1 receptors.
CB2 agonists (like beta-caryophyllene) cause immunosuppression and anti-inflammatory benefits for the liver
Yes, THC binds with CB2 receptors, but also CB1, which is an issue for AIH.
A CB1 antagonist (like CBD, that blocks or weakens CB1 agonists like THC) when combined with an CB2 agonists (THC and beta-caryophyllene) can stimulate both receptors but not at the point that the CB1 receptor would cause enhanced issues to the liver. Basically, the very small dose of THC in the Evie’s oil (CBD ALIVE), combined with the CBD will allow both receptors to be activated in a positive way, without any issues of CB1 being dominantly activated.
Anandamide (1 of 2 endogenous cannabinoids we produce in our body) is highly expressed in diseased livers, which means the Endocannabinoid system is rapidly producing anandamide in attempt to help the liver. FAAH is the enzyme that basically eats away at anandamide when it’s produced - by inhibiting FAAH, you allow your endocannabinoid system to essentially take a break because anandamide will last longer, helping the liver even more. CBD inhibits FAAH and slows down the breakdown of anandamide, along with being an antagonist for CB1 receptors. Basically, CBD is killing two birds with one stone in this situation.
100% dark chocolate from organic and single batch sources, has fatty acids molecules that also inhibit FAAH. Find a high elevation farm, single small batch, organic chocolate company (minimizes mold toxicity in the chocolate), and eat some daily. The polyphenols in chocolate are also phenomenal antioxidants, and better absorbed when consumed with fat (coconut milk, MCT oil, butter).

Anything that is detoxified in the liver, such as alcohol or Tylenol especially, is not going to help a liver with autoimmune hepatitis.

Anything taken into the body, whether by mouth by injection transdermally or if you stick it in your ear, is going to be metabolized in your liver.