I have been feeling terrible for a while now, and after countless doctors' visits, I am now going in for a blood test for autoimmune hepatitis. Wow, what a shock! You know that I am not lying when I tell you that I had never even heard of such a thing! They told me that I might even have to give them a liver sample, which scares me. Are there any people here who are in the know about the research they do in autoimmune hepatitis labs?

I think that they will only ask you for a liver sample in the case that the blood test you are going to have does not provide conclusive answers for the people working on your results. It is done by inserting a thick needle into the liver, and is not as scary as it sounds. Yes, it might hurt, but only for a short while. And don't worry yet, because you probably won't need it.