I have a problem. My best friend has been diagnosed with autoimmune hepatitis. I know that autoimmune diseases are not the easiest ones for the treatment. Therefore, I would like to know if there is the cure for my friend’s disease. I hope someone will offer me some kind of info.

AIH is a chronic condition. Although it doesn't have a cure, if she responds to the medications, she can live a normal lifespan. Please suggest to her that she see a hepatologist (liver disease specialist) and that she follows through on the recommended meds and gets plenty of rest when she feels fatigued. You can help by giving her emotional support. She probably won't look sick, but her immune system is attacking her liver and she may feel very fatigued and overwhelmed at times. Also, some of the medications may cause side effects such as weight gain and mood swings, so your understanding and encouragement will be very important.