I am diagnosed with multiple sclerosis few years ago. I was using Avonex for a long time, and it helped me with symptoms. Anyway, few days ago I was talking with one man who has the same problem of MS. He told me he had negative Avonex symptoms, which surprised me. Can you tell me more about this medicine, what kind of negative symptoms it could lead?

Avonex is indicated for the treatment of relapsing forms of multiple sclerosis. This medicine is used to slow the accumulation of physical disability and decrease the frequency of clinical exacerbations. Avonex is contraindicated in patients with a history of hypersensitivity to any component of its formulation. It should be used with caution in patients with depression. Depression and suicide have been reported to occur in patients receiving other interferon compounds. The most common negative symptoms of Avonex are flu-like symptoms, muscle ache, fever, chills, and asthenia. Few patients in controlling group experienced seizure, while in placebo group there were not any seizures. There are sometimes reported headaches, chest pain, malaise, and infections, although these negative symptoms of MS users were rarely reported. I would recommend you not to worry, because as you realized, not each person react the same for medicine. Obviously, you will not experience any of these negative Avonex symptoms.