I have endometriosis. I have normal period pain and the other symptoms related to pms. I was diagnosed endometriosis 6 months ago by accident. I am 31 years old. I just want to know if pregnancy can have positive influence on endometriosis. I’d like to have baby anyway, but can it works to cure endometriosis? Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately, it’s one of the most common misconceptions. Endometriosis even plays significant role in problems with fertility. I have endometriosis too. During pregnancy, symptoms of endometriosis disappeared because of amount of progesterone and all the other hormonal changes. But disease doesn’t go away because of pregnancy. Soon after I had stopped breastfeeding, symptoms returned. First they were even worse than before. I use hormonal therapy again and that seems helpful.

Pregnancy is not a "CURE" THERE IS NO CURE... But a new treatment many women are using is the MIRENA IUD, it lessens blood flow during menstruation, and many women stop their peirods all together. It calms and relaxes the uterine lining, and many women with endo have found this to be effective.