Hi everyone. I was told that getting pregnant can sometimes help stop the pain from endometriosis, due to the woman not having a menstrual cycle for nine months. Can you give me more feedback.

This is so true but you should also know that after pregnancy and nursing, endometrioses can get even worse. That is how it was with my sister, so after her first child, she was in a lot of pain and decided to have hysterectomy.
This may not be every woman’s case but it is how it was in hers. Yet, it took her long to conceive. Do you suffer from endometriosis? I know how you feel. My sister has been diagnosed with this condition when she was 19.

Everything was great during pregnancy because there was no ovulation, no menstruation, no tissue build up and no pain.

Are you on some kind of therapy for relieving pain? Don’t think about pregnancy if you’re not ready for motherhood just to get relief from pain.

This is not true for me... I am stage 4 Endo, and am 19 weeks pregnant. I was only able to get pregnant after surgery in January to remove a small portion of the endometriosis. I have had SO much pain and cramping my ENTIRE pregnancy due to the endometriosis. I was able to use a heating pad to help with some of the pain about a month ago... but now it is to the point that that does not help any more!! Any one have any suggestions?

A GREAT METHOD to treat Endo is a MIRENA IUD! It lessens blood flow 90% during the mestrual cycle, and MANY MANY DOCS are now reccomending it because it works so well for pain and bleeding. ASK about this option =)

But this is for after the baby is born... that does not help me now. I am only 19 weeks. I am up all night and can barely get thru the day with the cramps!! Is there anything I can do now for the pain? while I am pregnant? Before I got pregnant I was taking Vicodines, and percosets... or what ever I was perscribed for pain... obviously I can't do that now... but I feel like I have been on my period for a month with all this pain. :-( I thought being pregnant would help the endometriosis ?

I am really worried about my son and daughter-in-law. They have tried for years to get pregnant and she was going to have some minor surgery to remove some of the endo so she can try one more time to get pregnant but when she went in she was 7 weeks pregnant! We are so happy but I am also worried. Will the pregnacy be hard on her and what are the chances of miscarraige? Any info or feedback would be appreciated. %-)

My daughter-in-law has endometriosis. They have been trying for several years to get pregnant with no luck. She went in this week to have minor surgery on the endo so they could try one more time and she is 7 weeks pregnant! I am happy but also worried. Will the pregnacy be hard on her and what are the chances of miscarraige? Any info would be appreciated.

I had endo treatment in 2005. Got pregnant twice in 2006 and lost them both, currently 20 weeks pregnant and been suffering severe pain for a few weeks. Doc suggested UTI - results came back negative. Turns out the pain is due to adhesions that were formed as scar tissue either form the endo itself or the laser treatment I had to get rid of it. Nothing much you can do except take paracetamol or Co-Dydmaol and avoid moving!

I have endo. was diagnosed at 17. I am 32. I have been pregnant 7 times that ended before my 16th week. I have had severe pain after conception. I was told that the endomerial tissue continues to grow until the second trimester.so pain can get worst before it can get better. I am currently not trying to get pregnant. I have tried countless methods- hormone therapy, surgery and I think that most of the treatments are just band aids. I have no solutions except that if I plan to try again- I will have to stop working & make whatever sacrifices I have to make to stay pregnant.

I have endo as well. My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for about 4 months now. I would like to respond to the women who has endo and is in her 19th week. I have not been pregnant so I don't know if this will help but I have been going to a traditional chinese doctor for several years to have acupuncture and chinese herbs. I have not been very successful with western medicine since having been diagnosed. The doctor I see is nationally certified and is an herbalist, I state this because you have to be careful to make sure who you see is licensed. Herbs are just as dangerous as drugs, just because they are natural does not make them safe. Having given that disclaimer, I would like to say that I have had lots of pain free days with this treatment before I was miserable. You could try some acupuncture, just make sure they are licensed and know that you are pregnant. I was never staged with endo so I don't really have any idea of how bad mine is. I hope that I don't have pain with pregnancy, right now just hoping to be pregnant. Good luck!

I have have had bad endo for 15 years and have had 3 ops none of which really helped. I managed to get pregnant after an op and have a 5 year old son. I had endo pain until the baby had grown out of my pelvic area at around 14 weeks. After 3 years of trying for number two and many tears i found a doctor in OZ that treats people with progesterone cream. My endo pain stopped after 3 months and I fell pregnant after 6 months. I'm now 34 weeks pregnant but have started having bad endo again. My doctors name is graham williams he has changed my life!

I just wanted to say that I have had endo for about 8 years and have had 2 surgeries with lots and lots of hormone therapy. I stopped my meds in April and got pregnant in May, I am not 32 weeks pregnant, I still have pain and I was told a lot of it is from the scar tissue and the ligaments stretching, if you could only imagine. I was also told that once you are pregnant your endo should not effect the baby in anyway, its just painful to you, most cases the pain does go away after conceiving, I think this has a lot to do with how many adhesion's you have. I also found out I have ectopic endo above my belly button that sticks out and looks like an outty, this I have to say is also painful when she kicks or leans up against it. I truly believe that all this pain we go through is totally going to be worth it, its just getting through the 10 months and trying to stick it out. I"m ready to get treated again for my endo as soon as I heal from birth. I Just wish you all luck and want to reassure you all that there is still hope, I'm a walking example of that!!

hi to all of you ttc and those of you pregnant, wanted to give you all hope, was diagnosed with endometriosis when i was 16, also with pcos, suffered an ectopic pregnancy at 20 and had my left fallopian tube removed as well as my dreams of a baby (at least thats how it felt).

Seven years later and after several procedures to remove endometrial lining and scar tissue i fell pregnant and gave birth to a beautiful baby boy. He is more than worth all the heartache i have gone through and i am amazed that despite all my problems he was possible.

I suffered cramping during the pregnancy and struggled through, to all of you experiencing these pains believe me it is worth it, i will def go through it again despite at the time saying i wouldn't.

Good luck to you all x

Hi all, I just found out that I am 7 weeks pregnent, and have endometreosis, I was told by my docter that most of the cramping that I will feel is due to my body adjusting to the baby growing inside me, but he also said that I may feel alot more cramping then other women, depending on the amount of scar tissue left from the endo and where I have adhesions. I was told not to worry that for me this is going to be normal, use a heating pad, lots of rest and to watch for any spotting as that may be a sign of other complications. I know this does not answer any questions but I do hope it helps some of you :-D Good luck to all who are trying to get pregnent and Congrats to every one who is.

I too have endo. when I was 20 I was diagnosed. By the time I was 22 I had 2 sugerys and had 3 misscarriges. The doctor wanted me to have a full hystorectomy. I did want to have children at one point in my life so I chose not to proceed. Then when i was 24 I got pregnant w my son who is now 3 1/2. I had never felt better in my life but not too long after I had him I got worse with my pain. Which I didnt think that was possible. I had recently decided that he was going to be the only child that I was lucky enough to have. However opon making that decision I found out that I was 5 weeks prego w twins. Now 11 weeks I still have been having a lot of pain. I dont think that it is normal but the docs say that everything is ok for now. So I guess I would say to you that in some women that happens and for some not. As for me I am experiencing both.