I had bad luck to get diagnosis of endometriosis. During last years, I get used on this, and I learn how to live with it. I found out that women with endometriosis conceive at lower rates than without endometriosis. In addition, I have heard miscarriages are more common in endometriosis patients than in those who do not have the disease. However, I have heard one friend of mine said pregnancy could help, so I want to know would having a baby cure endometriosis.

With mild endometriosis, woman should continue to attempt pregnancy. Use of ovulation induction with clomiphene citrate, such as Clomid or Serophene is recommended. Washed intrauterine insemination has been demonstrated to improve pregnancy rates in women diagnosed with endometriosis. Given sufficient time and without other factors such as irregular ovulation, male factors, or cervical factors, many patients will become pregnant. With moderate to severe endometriosis, surgical excision of all the disease with reconstruction and restoration of anatomy has been shown to achieve pregnancy rates. Some studies have suggested that post-surgical medical suppression with gonadatropin agonists will improve pregnancy rates. It is succeeded particularly when the surgical approach has been suboptimal, when the surgeon did not remove all the endometriosis. However, the mechanism here is still a mystery of becoming pregnant with endometriosis. Many times the decision about ancillary medical therapy will be made based on a number of other factors. These factors are most commonly patient’s age, endometriosis stage, and what her desired outcomes wishes. However, I have to say you should talk to your doctor if having a baby would cure endometriosis, but I think surgery is the best way.

I have endometriosis but was lucky (and surprised) and got pregnant young. All symptoms went away (obviously while I was pregnant). I nursed for a year and did not have any symptoms. about 3 months after I stopped nursing (15 months after giving birth) my pain started coming back gradually and it is getting worse every month. SO, i think pregnancy is a temporary fix....

Yes it's possible to become pregnant with endometriosis! I have 2 beautiful and healthy daughters. Everyone is different, but to answer your question, mine has actually worsened since specifically my second child. My PMDD has gone through the roof! My main PMDD complaint is anxiety. So I am a ton of fun around that time of the month. But thanks to lortab, prozac and ativan at night, it's bearable and I can function somewhat normally. I continue to look for ways to resolve this online. An ablation doesn't help endo tissue that is outside the uterus but it helps with periods. I would like to find something that helps with the hormones. BC just exacerbates my symptoms. Very disheartening. I'm only 33.

I have Endometriosis. I had surgery about 15 months ago and the pain is coming back. I have seen my Doctor and he has changed my birth control pills so I would only have a period every 3 months. I have not started these pills yet, I am 24 years old and afraid that if waiting to have children that it my lower my chances of ever having them. Can someone give me some information??

Hi! I was diagnosed with Endo when I was 19. I had surgery to remove cysts and found out that one of my tubes was blocked so my chances of having a child were very slim. After spending a year in and out of hospital I was told by my gynocologist that I would have to try to have a baby for 2years and if that was unsuccesful I could persue other options ex; IVF. Not long after my 21st birthday I found out I was pregnant! My son is now 5months old and I have just started getting really bad pains again. From what I have researched and been told, their is no cure.. the sympoms are something we all have to live with the rest of our lives. But for everyone who has just been diagnosed with this or worried about being able to concieve please dont give up! I know its hard but stay positive and everything will work out :-D

so, pregnancy is not a good option just to cure endemetriosis not to grow again?? but, if this will come back and come back again, we will undergo operation again and again... but, why a doctor advised me to get pregnant? and i read that even removing ovary doesn't mean it will not grow again. please give me an advised if getting pregnant can help me on this. the cyst i think starts to grow back again. i felt it on my vagina and can feel it more when i touched it when my menstrual is coming..

If having a baby cure endometriosis than women who has children will not suffer. Its not that having a baby cures endometriosis but the severity of the symptoms might decrease.