ok, i found out that i am pregnant- probably no more than a week or two- ive been in terrible pain for nine months and doctors checked for everything you can imagine and found that i have mild PCOS and Gerd- ok neither of them affect my severe abnominal pain - i get recurring cysts in my ovaries and i cant leave the house, travel or do anything more than staying in bed. to diagnose endometriosis which i have the symtoms of as well- im 21 and got a handful over these months, im sick and depressed and dont know whats wrong with me. i was told because of endometriosis i would have difficulty getting pregnant and so i decided when i get my period i will start bith control and go for a diagnosis for endometriosis with a laparoscopy and treatment. well i never got my period and now im pregnant- my whole abdomen is cramping and in terrible pain. i went today for a transvaginal ultrasound and there are no cysts- just a bunch of mature follicles- the pregnancy is thank G-d in the uterus i saw so that is a load off my shoulders. however, i can not get treatment now for endometriosis and i cant take any meds and im doubled over in pain and bedridden- anyone pregnant with endometriosis with similar symptoms. is there anything i can do to ease the pain- another nine months of pain- im terrified. i have had morning sickness for months and now i started having morning afternoon and night sickness- someone please help me- anyone have such experiances with endometriosis or assumed so or something else that it can be- what can i do????????????and does it get better? ever? thanks for reading...[color=indigo]

Hi! It may happen that your endometriosis don’t cause you that much pain during pregnancy. Since you are not ovulating, no lining grows and there is nothing to be shed, so you may even be symptoms free during pregnancy. This is how it was for my sister. She was diagnosed when she was 19, had troubles all her life, with pain, also with ovarian cysts, with her sex life, etc….you name it, she had it.

She was put on bc pills before she decided to get pregnant. She herself didn’t have problems becoming pregnant and everything was great in pregnancy….i remember she told me she couldn’t believe that there was no pain. It was the same during breastfeeding but once she finished with the breastfeeding, the pain was gone.

You may decide to start using bc pills after your pregnancy, without the sugar pills in order to prevent ovulation. Doesn’t acetaminophen help you? It is safe during pregnancy!

I am in the same boat... I am 19 weeks pregnant and in terrible pain. I do have stage 4 Endometriosis. Have you found anything yet to help witht he pain?

see below

I m pregnant and have severe Endo. I've had 2 laparoscopic surgeries to remove the endo though still have a bunch of cysts as well as new cysts, and am obviously able to get pregnant. My problem is staying pregnant. This is my 3rd pregnancy, my last 2 have ended in miscarraige with severe hemorraging. I'm on my 3rd set of doctors and no one, including my last doctor who was also my surgeon, seems to have any answers. I'm 5-6 weeks pregnant, am cramping and spotting/bleeding for over a week. I went for many exams, ultrasounds and have been told that there's nothing wrong, that they can't see any Endo so there must not be any there. I've told my new doctor that Endo cannot be seen with an ultrasound but she dismissed my comments. I thought I was starting to miscarry yesterday due to severe cramping and increased bleeding and the doctor said she didn't see anything with the ultrasound. She prescribed Promentrium, a progetsterone supplement, to help stop the bleeding and said to see her in a week's time. I still have cramping and a bit of spotting. I have read the warnings on the prescription which strongly says do not take while pregnant. I feel like I'm alone. No one seems to be able to help me or even answer my questions. Does anyone have any advice?

Hi i am in the same boat, i suffered with excurciating adominal pains, sickness, trouble walking. i was under investigation with a consultant for these symptoms, several tests, scans etc were carried out, consultant was convinced it was endometriosis but before he could do a lap etc i discovered i was pregnant(now 12 weeks). the treatment and medication has had to stop because of this and i am still suffering terribly with the same symptoms. i had been signed off sick since january, having to claim incapacity benefit but because im not receiving any treatment from my consultant im not sure if the doctor will keep me signed off and the benefits office are now questioning my claim. Is anyone in the same position regarding claiming benefits, i would be grateful for some help!
Thanks

I am sorry yet somewhat relieved to have read all of the previous posts. I too am pregnant and have endo. I am 20 weeks and although I didn't get morning sickness, I had the worst cramps ever. It does seem that the further along I get, the less symptoms I have. Before I found out I was pregnant, I had 2 laparoscopies and years of treatment including the GnRh Analogs that put your body into menopause. I was in the process of trying to schedule a full hysterectomy when I learned that I was pregnant. It was quite a shock because all of my docs had told me that I wouldn't be ablet to concieve because of the endo. Well, here I am almost half way through the pregnancy and now I have a completely new Ob/Gyn because I just moved. He appears to have no clue about the affects of endo on the womans body. He even told me that pregnancy is a cure for it, which I am sure that you have all learned is completely untrue. I have now become my own best advocate in gaining knowledge about the disease. I have joined the Endometriosis Association, which has been extremely helpful. They have been doing ground breaking research about the disease. If you all are interested, the website is: http://www.endometriosisassn.org. I am sure that you all have been feeling like you are pounding your heads against brick walls and any information would help at this point. I must say that the one thing that I have found that helps alleviate some of the pain is to take a warm bath. That is completely safe for pregnancy and completely helpful. I was also able to get a prescription from my doctor for Tylenol 3, not only for the endo, but because I have severe back problems and I have passed 2 kidney stones so far while I've been pregnant. I only take it when absolutely necessary, but it makes the pain easier to deal with when I have to be productive. If I am just going to spend the day at home, then I just take regular Tylenol. I admit, it's not much help, but any little bit is better than nothing. Good luck to all of you and may your pain be overcome by the joy your little one will bring! If any of you would like to e-mail me privately my e-mail address is: _[removed]_

Hi;

I am 24 with endo for i believe over 9 years. The pain is so bad and I don't know what to do. I am trying to find out if I should have a baby or if I can have a baby.

Does anyone know what is the best way to get preg. I was told by one person to go off the pill and try that month and I should get preg. I would love a response.

Hi I am 10 weeks pregnant i have had bleeding and also the most awful abdo pains, in the first few weeks. I have been diagnosed with stage 3 endomtriosis for the past 4 years it seems they will not consider it has anything to do with endometriosis. Even though they have no other reason for my bleeding and the abdo pains are awful.

My diagnosis came after a fight of having to ask for a lap operation and pushing for futher tests. I have found that it can be a disability and have found that you get little rest from the pain pregnant or not, and you find that sometimes you feel as though all you are doing is complaining about the way you feel and how bad it is. Since i got pregnant I was told to expect almost a complete transformation overnight which has not happened. I did get told it would take over year and possible i would need fertility treatment to get pregnant.

It seems to me even in the ob/gyn doctors have no clue about endometriosis and have really no real idea about how they are making you feel when they sit there and make you feel like the silly pregnant women.

The pain is being controlled by dihydrocodiene but this is really not safe in pregnancy as both you and the baby can become dependant on this drug. It seems even with this i get little to no repreive from the pain and it also wakes me in the night. I have had 5 pregnancies and been blessed with 1 son the others resulted in mis-carriage. I have been feeling tired more than just tired and have been told that this is because I am older (I am only 28!) I have been off work for 2 weeks although feel obligated to go to work.

If anyone out there knows anything properly about endo during pregnancy this would be very much appreciated!!!!

:-) :'(

Hi, I was just wondering if their are any concerns I should have when being pregnat with endometriosis. :-P

ShayEagle- I am 9 weeks pregnant and have been going through some similar experienced with my health. I asked the doctoer if she can't do anything about my endometriosis pain if she could prescribe some medicine to stop the nasea and puking. I have been experienceing all day sicknees and she prescribed promethazine suppositorries. Although it is not the most fun drug to take I have expereinced minimal sickness and it seems to calm down my abdomanal pain from my endo. Hope this helps! Keep your head high and don't let endo rule you I let it do that for way to long!

debcap65 wrote:

Your problem may not be related to endometriosis at all. My neighbor became pregnant and miscarried each time. Since she had no problems becoming pregnant, her doctors needed to search deeper to find the problem. What they found was a clotting abnormality, which was preventing the fetus from developing fully and she would miscarry each time between the 9th and 11th week. She now has a healthy 2 year old and is pregnant with her second. She is required to inject herself with a medication called Lovenox. Lovenox is a low-molecular weight heparin and acts to prevent abnormal blood clotting in the blood. Hope this helps you.

I have had endo for as long as i have had periods, but was only diagnosed in 2003, when i had laparoscomy and they found extensive adhesions & cysts.

I was told if i wanted a family i should try immediatley, however i was not in the position to do this. I became pregnant in January this year after only 6 months of trying - very pleased as had been told such negative comments from doctors.

I had asked previously if i could have another lap to see if everything was still ok as although i had been put on continous pill to stop my periods i had started randomy bleeding through the month and having pain again. The doctor had said that this wouldn't help and i needed to think positive & it could just be IBS - yeah right! >:(

Unfortunately although i was overjoyed to be pregnant within 2 weeks of conceiving i was in agony, i had lots of pain to the right hand side,difficulty and pain when urinating and started bleeding at first they thought it was ectopic. As it went on it got worse, i repeatedly went to the doctor and hospital a&E a couple of times because of such heavy bleeding and passing clots. I was convinced i was losing my baby but each time they couldn't identify the bleeding and said the baby was fine. ( I have been off work since mid january).

To start with i did have a cyst on my right ovary which the hospital said they would monitor after it grew from 4 to over 5 cm in a week, but my doctor had to follow it up and it didn't happen ( I didn't have another scan for about 5 weeks). I then had even worse bleeding and they said they couldn't see the cyst and all pregnancies have them. I AGAIN told them i couldn't walk with pain and they seemed to just disregard it.

Very sadly after almost reaching 15 weeks i miscarried, they class it as spontaneous and when i asked i was told it was because it was unexpected but i feel that what more symptoms do you need for it to be expected.

I am now trying to fight to get another laparoscomy as it is now 2 days after the loss and yet i am still getting sharp pains and taking pain killers the hospital gave me. I am so angry because i feel sure if i had been checked before this may not have happened. I now also know that my period pains are practical as painful as contractions.

If anyone else is like this don't let the doctors fob you off like i did. I have looked at some research - although i don't know how accurate it is - and it says about the corpus lotum - ( spelt wrongly) is a commonly occuring cyst that helps with development but endo can send the wrong hormone or something which causes it not to function properly, apparently you can have injections to help with this. Maybe this is what i needed, but it is so difficult when none of the proffesionals take endo seriously. :'(

Good luck to anyone who is pregnant.

Hi i have a 3 year old daughter . I had severe pain from endo before i had my daughter and had also previously suffered an ectopic pregnancy. The 1st 4 months of my pregnancy with my daughter were extremely painful with cramping and spotting i found the pain worse than before i was pregnant, but after about the 4th month the pain seemed to ease off not completely but much better, the pain was practicaly gone for the rest of the pregnancy and until my daughter was about 18 months old (i breastfeed until she was 15 months old so i never got my period) From 18 months old until now i controlled it with the use of the pill but the pain has gotten progressivly worse. I have now come off the pill this month to try for another baby and have found the pain has come on worse than it ever was. I'm hoping this isn't going to mean i will have trouble falling pregnant and desperatly praying that i won't have another ectopic pregnancy. Goodluck to all you out there, just wanted to let you know that just because it seems bad at the beginning of the pregnancy the pain does ease off and you end up with a beautiful baby in the end. :-D

I was just about to schedule an appt. for a larascopy to determine if I have endometriosis when I found out I was pregnant. Because I have not had a regular cycle for about a year and a half, the doctors are not sure how far along I am. Waiting for the blood work results. However, I figure I am about 5 weeks pregnant. Anyhow, I spotted this evening and I am somewhat concerned that this may be the foreshadowing of a miscarriage. I am hoping to hear stories of women in my same position, who spotted but had a healthy pregnancy. Please share your stories.....