I had an abortion 3 years ago and ever since then i have had symptoms which have pretty much convinced me that i have endometriosis. Is there any way this could have been caused by scarring inside my uterus? I am predisposed to keloid scarring elsewhere on my body which is what makes me think that this is likely.

There have been studies about abortion and endometriosis link but no results linked these two. Abortion will not cause endometriosis.
Endometriosis usually forms in women who haven’t been pregnant. It is true that abortion could cause endometrial and uterus scarring and cause infertility but this scarring could be removed.
However, abortion increases risks of adenomyosis, which is similar to endometriosis and it represents a disorder in which uterine lining (endometrium) grows into the muscular walls in the uterus. This too can cause symptoms similar to endometriosis like bleeding and painful periods.
You should see a gynecologist when your period arrives to have this checked.

It is very rare for an abortion to cause scarring though, the old style D&C SCRAPING is most likely to cause scarring. The suction abortion we have today is much less likely to cause scarring.

IF you did have endo now, then you most likely had it before, but the intensity has increased.

WHAT symptoms do you have? Were you on birth control before your abortion?

Often, women who are on birth control get used to the lighter periods, they forget that a natural period is usually heavier with more clots.

I really hope you can get this checked out. I have just googled keloids and abortion and it seems very rare BUT my mother had abortions and keloids and didn't know it until it was too late. It is rare but if left keloids can develop malignant cells and that's what happened with her. When biopsies were done the "fibroid" was mysterious and she wasn't offered radio or chemo. But when it came back it was tested again and was a rare sarcoma called leyomaosarcoma. People considering abortion should be given this information.