I have Parkinson’s disease for years already and I have been trying thousands different medicines. Somehow, each causes side effects that are just too hard for me. That is why my doctor always keeps trying to find medicine that is more acceptable for me. Last drug he prescribed me is Benadryl. I want to hear is it used to treat my problem, and what about its side effects and warnings.

Benadryl is used to treat many different problems, such as suppress coughs, induce sleep, motion sickness, and to treat mild forms of Parkinson's disease as well. Patients that are over 60 years of age may be more likely to experience side effects from Benadryl. Then it is required to lower dose of this medication to prevent side effects to occur. To ensure that you get a correct dose, measure the liquid forms of Benadryl with a special dose-measuring spoon or cup. If you do not have a dose-measuring device, ask your pharmacist where you can get one, I am sure this might help you prevent some possible side effects of Benadryl. You should definitely stop taking Benadryl and seek emergency medical attention if you experience an allergic reaction. That means difficulty breathing, closing of your throat, swelling of the lips, tongue, or face and hives. Other, less serious side effects may be more likely to occur, and then you should continue to take Benadryl and talk to your doctor. Here are included sleepiness, fatigue, or dizziness, as well as headaches, and dry mouth.