Hi there! My name is jerry and I am still at high-school. There is something I need to know but I can’t figure out on my own. My mom often says she is using those narcotiques to get rid of her backache problems but I also hear some guys at school often mention taking narcotiques as stimulant or something for fun. Are they talking about the same narcotiques and how dangerous are they?

Narcotics are used therapeutically to treat pain, suppress cough, alleviate diarrhea, and induce anesthesia. Drug effects depend heavily on the dose, route of administration, and previous exposure to the drug. Aside from their medical use, narcotics produce a general sense of well-being by reducing tension, anxiety, and aggression. These effects often lead to drugs’ abuse. The problem is that the medications have a known concentration and purity, clandestinely produced street drugs have unknown compositions. Since there is no way to determine the purity of a drug that is sold on the street, the effects of illicit narcotic use are unpredictable and can be fatal. Narcotics will often give you side effects like : drowsiness, inability to concentrate, apathy, lessened physical activity, constriction of the pupils, dilation of the subcutaneous blood vessels causing flushing of the face and neck, constipation, nausea and vomiting, and most significantly, respiratory depression. Among the hazards of illicit drug use is the ever-increasing risk of infection, disease, and overdose. With repeated use of narcotics, tolerance and dependence develop. I will tell you just one thing. If you can’t influence these guys at school to stop taking the drugs, you should stay away from them and don’t accept their invitation to try these narcotics as you may over time meet hell.