I need to hear some info about pick's disease-for as I was explained by some friend my elder brother might be having this pick's disease. He is only 39 and he behaves oddly lately –he is euphoric and empathic and he even started having speaking and thinking trouble as well as some movement's difficulties. I wonder if this pick's disease has something to do with Parkinson's for that is how my brother acts sometimes-he had those spasm and muscle weakness and sometimes he has trouble swallowing food. I am curious now this pick's disease how it could be diagnosed and how it is treated? Thanks!

Hi! It is likely your brother has this pick's disease or better frontotemporal dementia-that is how my now 42 husband was diagnosed 2 years ago. So I know that this behavioral and personality disorder may easily be the symptoms of pick's disease –it affects frontal and temporal brain lobes which are actually the center connected to our behavior. And unlike other forms of aging disease –Parkinson's or Alzheimer's disease pick's disease may occur pretty early at about 40 and even earlier and this condition is usually caused by genetic factor and also by losing or damaged brain cells anyway I remember my husband was having a neurological and neuropsychological exam testing and also he had brain imaging it was MRI where he finally was diagnosed with frontotemporal disease or if you like pick's disease. And as about treatment my husbands is taking regularly antipsychotic combined with tranquilizers and also he goes to speech therapy but I was explained by the doc there is no help for someone with pick's disease it is maybe just these meds and therapy could slow the progress rate but the condition usually gets worse by the time.