Let's say that I am a person that is really dedicated to the care of my teeth. I am using many products to prevent tooth decay. However, one day in drug store I came across a stannous fluoride. I realize it is product for dental care, but can you give me more informations? Can I use stannous fluoride with other medicines and does it have any side-effects?

Stannous fluoride is a rinse that helps to prevent tooth decay, to decrease dental hypersensitivity and it strengthens tooth enamel. Stannous fluoride dental rinse is used in the mouth ant it is important to brush and floss the teeth thoroughly before using the dental rinse. Waiting to eat and drink helps the rinse to have better results. It is not harmful if you miss a dose but do not double next dose. Just use it the next chance you get. Do not swallow the dental rinse, because side-effects may occur. If side-effects like black, tarry stools, discolored teeth, nausea or vomiting, skin rash or itching, stomach pain etc. occur you need to seek medical attention. Prolonged daily ingestion of stannous fluoride can cause abnormal enamel (the hard part on the outside of the tooth). Do not use Stannous fluoride untill your health care provider proscribes it for you. Also, they need to know if you have any of these conditions: porcelain or ceramic dental work, stomach or intestinal disease, allergic reaction on fluoride, if you are pregnant or trying to get pregnant and if you are breast-feeding.

I don't know for certain. I bought some Crest Pro-Health toothpaste and the carton states some products containing stannous flouride cause surface staining