I was diagnosed with endometriosis six months ago. Lately I have been experiencing recal pressure. I was wondering if endometrosis can cause the feeling of rectal pressure? I feel frustarted and in extreme discomfort at times. Is it normal to feel this pressure in my condition?

Rectal pressure is one of the symptoms of endometriosis. In your case it is clear what is causing you to feel rectal pressure. Besides this symptom you can also experience painful intercourse and pain in your rectum. Endometriosis is increasingly common condition so I am sure that you are not the only one who has problem with rectal pressure. Your condition is often misdiagnosed and it is not clear what is causing endometriosis. Genetic factors, obstruction of the uterus and uninterrupted menstruation for long periods of time can predispose an individual for developing endometriosis. Now, I don't know what is the cause in your case but your physician does. If you can't take the pressure and the pain you need to talk to your doctor. Tell him everything that you are experiencing and it would be good if you could remember when does the pressure comes most often.Your doctor is the most informed about your condition and I am sure he can help you with your symptom of rectal pressure.

You may be tensing your muscles a great deal for long periods of time down there in reaction to your diagnosis. You may simply have muscle tension.... fear, bad diet, lack of exersice, sitting for hours, are the culprits

Stop fearing the pain in the rectum... its just muscles tensing in reaction to fear... fear of pain, fear or your condition, fear of the pressure in the rectum, fear of the fear. Simple reasure yourself that its only muscles squeezing, nothing else... this is not doing any physical harm... its just uncomfortable and painful... but will go away in time if your not scared of it and exersise more. I believe it is not directly connected to your other problem, only indirectly because your tensing out of fear.

it could be the endometriosis, but it could also be pelvic floor dysfunction which can cause rectal pressure. this is when the pelvic floor muscles go into chronic spasm. it is a condition that should not go untaken care of because it will get worse. the endometriosis could have caused it but something as simple as falling down and damaging your tailbone can send the muscles into spasm. your gynacologist or a rectal doctor can diagnosis it.

It is unfortunate that there is so much misinformation on these boards... I must let you know that rectal pressure and pain is indeed a very real, physica; symptom of endometriosis due to the formation of endometrial deposits in the cul-de-sac area between the vaginal wall and the rectum just up and underneath the uterus. It is one of the most painful areas and extremely tender and hard to describe.  You can mention this to your doctor... the pain is in the "cul-de-sac" or what's called the "pouch of Douglas" Google it and you will be amazed at the information regarding this area and rectal/endo pain.