Can anybody tell me more about Bronchialscopy. I would like to know what it was and what it is used for! Thank you for your time!

Hello! I can tell you a bit about Bronchialscopy. It is an examination that allows a doctor to see inside the airway. An instrument called a bronchoscope is used to look at the throat, larynx, trachea and lower bronchial airways of the lungs. Bronchoscopy is done to identify problems that may be causing inflammation and bleeding, diagnose certain lung diseases, diagnose and determine the extent of lung cancer, remove foreign objects or thick mucus that may be blocking the airway and destroy growths in the airway. There are two different types of bronchoscopes : a flexible bronchoscope and a rigid bronchoscope. Which of these bronoscopes will be used depends on why the procedure is being done.