My 53 years old husband had bronchitis twice in a last year and now again but this time he coughs up blood –do you think this might be bronchitis blood related I am terrified with this situation for I think this might be lung cancer or what and tough it is not a large amount of blood I still think this could be something serious so I would just like to hear what e needs to be doing I mean what this bronchitis blood condition mat turn into? Thanks much!

If it is about bronchitis than coughing blood could easily be treated effectively for it is more likely this bronchitis blood is caused by the frequent bronchitis condition your husband had recently-my mum had the same problem once and I know this bronchitis blood condition is called hemoptysis and may also be caused by some other health condition such as lung infections or lung cancer also this blood coughing may also be caused by some clot in the lung so it is better your husband go check this out and get diagnosed by doing chest x-ray and Ct scan chest . I remember my mum also had bronchoscopy that is a procedure that examines by some special tube the condition of the trachea and bronchial tubes that is breathing airways. In some cases of bronchitis blood even echocardiogram may be recommended so after the proper diagnose is determined than it is easier to find the proper treatment but for it is not about large blood amount in your husband’s case than I don’t think it is something serious it is probably bronchitis related but anyway it needs to be treated immediately for whenever there is blood coughing than it must of the bacterial origin so it is necessary to be treated right away otherwise it might result in pneumonia.

[Hi-i have no expertise at all- coughing so hard can burst blood vessels
but also coughing blood is a systom of lung cancer-get your husband to have a MRI to rule out this posibility- please do this to give you at least peace of mind. You nay have to insist on the test-doctors may miss this one in normal chest x-ays.

:-( ? Please let me know what you find out, as I am having the same problem with bleeding / bronchitis. They give me Zythromax and a medro pac (steroid), but I need to know the source. Thanks.