Hi. Recently I started to feel some strange sensations that I have never felt in my life.
First I felt like a persistent sensation of a lump in the throat. I thought it could be caused by some tonsillitis or something similar, but then, I began to suffer from difficulty in swallowing and weak voice.
I contacted my doctor immediately and he sent me to some gastrologist.
Gastrologist firs looked at my throat with some mirror and, because he didn’t see anything, he scheduled me fore some much more serious examination called laryngoscopy. What kind of examination this is and does it cause any pains to patient?

You don’t have to worry at all, because I had laryngoscopy done about three times in my life.
I had several operations on my vocal cords and believe me when I say that they did every possible examination to me, so I know what I'm talking about.
Laryngoscopy is an examination a doctor uses to look at the back of the throat, including the voice box (larynx) and vocal cords. It can be direct and indirect.
You already experienced indirect with mirror instrument in your throat.
Direct laryngoscopy uses a fiber-optic scope that allows the doctor to see deeper into the throat than during indirect laryngoscopy.
The purpose and advantage of seeing inside the larynx is to detect tumors, foreign bodies, nerve or structural injury, or other abnormalities.
Besides one very unpleasant feeling, you will feel no pain during this examination what so ever.