Hi! I had flu-like symptoms, with a cough, fever, a feeling of illness, and weight loss. Doctor think that I have Cryptogenic organizing pneumonitis, and that I need more tests to be able to diagnose confirm. Has anyone know something about this disease? How is diagnosed?

Hi! Cryptogenic organizing pneumonitis is a rapidly developing pneumonia-like illness characterized by lung inflammation and scarring that obstruct the small airways and air sacs of the lungs (alveoli). The cause of cryptogenic organizing pneumonitis is unknown. Pulmonary function tests usually show that the amount of air the lungs can hold is below normal. The amount of oxygen in the blood is often low at rest and is even lower with exercise. The chest x-ray is distinctive with features that appear similar to an extensive pneumonia, with both lungs showing widespread white patches. Computed tomography (CT) may be used to confirm the diagnosis. To confirm the diagnosis, a doctor may perform a lung biopsy using a bronchoscope.