My dad has been recently diagnosed with bronchiectasis –which I don't have any idea of and would like to hear something about it. I must stress he is a passionate smoker for so long over than 2 decades so do you think that maybe smoking has caused him this bronchiectasis? He has constant fatigue and doesn't stop coughing with this green yellowish discharge-do you think that he might be having a lung cancer?

Well for now he is diagnosed with bronchiectasis which means that your dad's large airways or bronchial tubes are at the process of dilation meaning they are too much widened. Anyway by the time if not treated bronchiectasis may lead to severe damages on both lungs and in the case of very severe lung damage even surgery could be advised in which case damaged lung tissue is being removed. And as for other treatments your dad needs to stop smoking write away and needs to avoid dust also and for bronchiectais is usually caused by some bacterial infection-maybe your dad had some bacterial lung infection or had suffered for long period of time of chronic bronchitis or maybe he had cystic fibrosis-than some antibiotic treatment could be of help.