Basically yesterday I found brown stuff in my pants so I kinda freaked it out and took a pad and put it on the brown stuff is like thin and brown is this the beginning of my period or not

Health Guru
Hi yes I would say its your first period starting :-)

Hi Anon,

Yes this is the start of your periods beginning but it could be some time for you to actually have a period with bright red blood. I was 11 when I started and to begin with I had a show of red blood in my pants but it was only a very slight amount and only happened that once and then about 2-3months later I had a proper period, full on bright red blood that lasted a few days and that started late on a sunday night. This is when you will want to speak to a female relative about pads and things like that and how to change them and through the night too.

Good luck!

Thanks for replying to my question but it won't stop I have has it for a couple if days now I have pads but when will it stop??

Health Guru
Hi your cycle can last upto 7 days and sometimes a little longer in some so don't panic as there is nothing wrong.
What you need to do is talk to an older female you trust like you mum or your grandma or an aunt about it and I'm sure they will help you :-)

Thank you but how do I know when my next period will be?? And why is it so brown??xx

Health Guru
Hi you may find that your first few periods maybe a bit irregular so to actually be able to say exactly is hard but you should get to know the signs when they are about to start like cramping or sore breasts.
I can't answer your second question as I don't know the answer myself sorry :-)