Hello. I'm 30 year old female and soon I'm going to become a mother for the first time. You can't imagine how thrilled I was when I've heard about the news that I'm pregnant because my husband and I were trying so hard.
Got has listen all my prayers. I'm pregnant almost two months now and I would like to hear more about one specific problem that’s troubling me. I started to suffer from continuous brown bleeding with clots and don’t know how common this really is in first trimester of pregnancy. Can anyone please help me with this?

I'm 40 year old female and I have three beautiful children. I know some facts about pregnancy and I will gladly share my knowledge with you. The fact is that there is really no rule about this. I bled through my second pregnancy almost all the time and my daughter is now 7 yrs old and everything was just fine.
Abnormal brown bleeding with clots could be normal sign but it could also be a worrying sign of miscarriage. Brown blood is often old blood so, it could also be from some ovarian cyst or similar.
So, I suggest you to contact your gynecologist immediately and schedule an appointment! Good luck!

I am 6 weeks pregnant and am experiencing the exact same thing (coincidentally, I am also 30 and having my first child). I was wondering if you found out what caused your bleeding and clotting. My Doctor hasn't been able to give me an explanation and it is really worrisome to me. Any info. you found would be helpful.

Thanks a bunch.

What kind of bleeding is it? If it is bright red blood with cramps, and low back pain, there is a possibility that you miscarried. The clots are even bigger indicators, which means that you have expelled the lining of the uterus and parts of the fetus as well.

Now, don’t get alarmed now becasu ejust like someone said it could be just your old blood getting expelled from your insides as they are expending and the cramping may be present for the same expending reason.

The smartest thing to do is make an appointment with your gynecologist as soon as possible and have that checked out.

i am just 3 weeks pregnant and only 17 years old. Ive been bleeding also but it's just brown there are no clots? i am worried and don't know what to do.

Hello there! Have you decided to keep the baby? Have you talked to your parents and your boyfriend?

This brown bleeding is experienced by many women and it is said to be normal because it is just old blood coming out of the uterus as it is slowly spreading. That is the case if the discharge is occasional.

If you are bleeding all the time, it means that there could be some sort of infection in your vagina or on the cervix. However, if you decide to keep the baby, you will have a physical exam and a pap smear done anyway by your gynecologist.

If the discharge/bleeding is constant, then you should report it to a gynecologist as soon as possible. If you are worried about the miscarriage, you should know that the blood is bright red, usually with clots, cramps and low back pain.

Let me know what is going on!

Hello it's me again! the 17 year old. I am now nearly 2months pregnant and just started to get used to the idea. Im getting on really well with my parents and my boyfriend, everbody has come to terms with it. Yesterday i experienced some more brown blood, it didnt have clots again but was more than last time. I am very worried again as my auntie has just had a miscarriage and im so scared it's going to happen to me. Pregnancy is a scary thing! Im just waiting to hear from the midwifes to tell me when my first scan will be. I hope everything will be ok. Thank you for your letter, it helps to put my mind at ease! x x x
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me know what is going on!

Hello Moms and Moms to be...
I'm 26 and 2 mths pregnant for the first time I too noticed brownish color bleeding only when i wiped and was very scard I called my dr and rushed in to get blood work and an ultra-sound....my blood count was going up (which is a healthy sign for the baby) and my ultra sound showed a very healthy heart beat it was wonderful..However I still to this day am still bleeding ...just so u feel more conforatable with the situation i would ask for blood work and/or an ultra-sound just to ease your mind...they say its brown from old blood when my eggs dropped and attached itself to my uterius. But any sight of blood is scary i catch my self looking each and every time i wipe....Good luck with your pregnancies I wish you all the best!

Thanks for your post it was helpful to me. I am 11 weeks and seem to get brownish blood every month. I wen t to the emergency room on Thursday (my second day of brownish blood) recieved blood work and an ultrasound which showed everything was fine. Today is Sunday and I am still getting brownish blood when I wipe. By the way I haven't had any cramping or filled up a pad at any point with blood, but the thing that really got me nervous was an occasion drop would land in the toilet. I'm going on my 5th day of wiping and seeing blood, but today it seems less. This is my first pregnancy so I'm a bit freaked about everything. It seems that as soon as I get used to the pregnancy idea I start seeing this blood. I'm 34 and I guess I just don't want to start over again.
thanks

Hi - I am 30 years old and I am 8 weeks pregnant. I had an 8 week visit to the doctor and we were able to see the baby and its heartbeat via an internal ultrasound. The doctor gave us the all clear and we have started telling people but only a few hours after leaving the doctors office did I find a small dark red almost brown spot on the toilet paper after wiping. My husband immediately phoned the doctor and he assured us that this was because of the examination - the cervix is very tender and full of blood and the examination caused some bleeding. Unfortunatey, for the last three days I have experienced once a day the same experience of brownish mucous discharge on the toilet paper. The amount is very little and less each day but it is still very alarming. I am not experiencing any cramping or pain so I don't really know what to think - the doctor seems to think it is fine so I have to just hope this brownish mucous stops coming. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Hi- I am also 30 years old and 5 1/2 weeks pregnant. I have been experiencing brown spotting along with occasional small long and stringy clots. I have had no cramping. I also have had NO pregnancy symptoms...not even tender breasts. My OB tested my hCG and Progesterone levels and the hCG came back at the levels that it should be, however my progesterone was a little below what he said he would like to see. I will be going in on Monday to be retested. Is this normal? Is is it normal to be spotting AND have NO pregnancy symptoms? I miscarried 4 months ago so I am frantic that it will happen again. Please let me know what you all think. Thanks!

Hi again. I had the same thing and finally went to see my doctor again. It turned out that I had an infection that was irritating my cervix. I am now 12 weeks and it was a relief to tell people who had experienced the same problems. Hope everything is fine for all.

I'm 32 and 6 weeks pregnant. I've also been spotting brown stuff on and off for a week now. I went to my doctor a week ago when it first happened and had all the bloodwork and got an ultrasound. Everything seems fine, but I don't feel very reassured. I wish the spotting would stop.

To anyone further along than me that has had a similar experience: How long did you spot before it stopped? I feel so tired of being worried.

Hello, I'm 33 yrs old. I'm about 7 wks pregnant with my second child. I started spotting on Thursday. Friday it was heavier and brownish color so I called my OB/GYN and she send me to the hospital. The took blood, checked my cervic and did a sonogram. Everything looked good so they sent me home basically on bedrest, which sucks. Tuesday, still bleeding and cramping pretty heavy, blood is bright red now, passing a few clots. So I went to the hospital again, they did the same thing. Baby looks good, in the right place, strong heartbeat. Its Thursday now, still bleeding, cramping etc. I feel like I'm going to miscarry. I'm to the point now that if its going to happen, I want it to happen soon. I can't stand the bleeding and the pain anymore. My period isn't this long. I can't even use tampons. I hate wearing pads : ( If anyone had been through this, I would greatly appreciate words of wisdom.

I have been haveing very light (not enough to fill a pad in one day even) very bown discharge. I was soo scared last night I went to the hospital. I have what you call 2 uterus. One fully formed the other not formed. Is there inone out there who has this problem experience this prolem. I do experience cramps but they are best discribed as gas cramps I get from eating dairy. Lactose intolerant cramping. I am also very consitaped and am afraid to push to try and go because of the brown dischage. This is my second pregancy. I did not go through with my first one as I was not ready (16). I also made an appointment to se my GP today.

PLEASE ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT!!!!