for the last two months i have been bleeding brown instead of red for the full three days. my menstration has occured twice in the same month. On the frist of August and now at the end. What could the problem be?

i have this also. its similar. mine is always twice a month. my count between periods is 18 to 22 days. last time i had my period it was brown nasty stuff instead of blood. i dont understand either. i posted a thing about this before but no one seems to know becuase no one answered anything back.

This has happened to me too. I used to just get a bit, but now it's like I'm on my period, but it's brown coming out. And I'm a week early while on the pill. I did miss one pill but i took it the next day with the one for that day (what you should do when you miss a pill.... some people may disagree.)

ya i think a lot of women get brown stuff

I have also had my period 2 times every month for just over 2 years (and yes, brown mostly.. occasionally more red).
I don't particularly think that it was a symptom brought on by the pill, but more something that was caused by stress and remained as a symptom of post traumatic stress...
I stopped taking the pill in desperation to see if that would change anything, and now my body seems to have gone into shock completely and I have no period whatsoever ...
(Well, I had 2 in 6 months, but I find that unsettling..).

I would recommend that you go and see a gynacologist. I am certainly on my way to one within the next week. I suspect a fibroid wreaking havoc, as a possibility..

I also wish someone would be able to tell me more about these symptoms. I haven't met anyone who has them. You are the first I have heard from with similar symptoms..

I have been having a very unpleasant battle with my period. I get it for 4-5 days and it is so heavy and painful then it goes away for 2 days and its back for another 15 days and this time it is that nasty brown. just recently I will have it when I wake up in the morning and really heavy but by 6:00pm its gone and this has been happening for 3 weeks now. I dont understand. But I am going for an ultrasound and blood work soon so hopefully I can finally concour what ever is happening to me. I wonder has anyone else have the same problem.

I have had this too. after my period starts to slow up. then i have brownness for a few days...

This brownish discharge is just old blood that was left over from your last period emptying out of your system during your new period. You're supposed to drink warm liquids in order to help your flow come all the way out. Women who drink alot of cold drinks and stay active, might be having shorter periods, but they're not emptying it out all the way. So it basically sits in there and gets old by the time the new period comes. That's why its a darker brown color.

I have just discovered that I have PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome). This means that I have irregular cycles, even when using birth control. Since I was diagnosed (I had to stop using birth control for 3 months in order for the true hormone levels to be reflected in the blood work) I have completely stopped using birth control. I use a high quality progesterone creme and use a lot of detox teas and minerals. Since I have been doing that my flow usually starts out brown and lasts a normal period of time. Sometimes it is always brown. All I know is that since I started to use the Pro Leif creme and Detox tea from Arbonne, my cycles are more regular than they ever have been. When I was a teenager it was not unusual for me to go more than 10 months between cycles. In fact, it was only when I was in college and living with two female friends that I finally had a predictable cycle. Now I am not a great case study since I also have Hypothyroidism (it does not work and it controls all the other hormones in the body) and I am hemachromatomic (high iron levels - have to donate blood regularly to take care of that mutated gene). Talk with your doctor. It takes a simple blood test to check for PCOS and rule that out as a possibility. The tea is also great because it cleanses the blood, liver and kidneys. You do not have to get it from Arbonne (it is about $15 for 20 bags). I sell the stuff and my whole family uses it. You can find other detox teas on the market, they just may not be as good as the Arbonne (downside with Arbonne, it is like Mary Kay and Avon, you have to know a consultant).

I started my period last month on the 21st and yet another time this month on the 9th! 10 days... I have no clue what it could be and I changed my tampon and bam...Nothing but darker brown blood. Now, I didn't have this at all during that 10 relaxing days...
yet it is still going...
Plus, I've never been on the pill...

Pregnancy perhaps?

I just wanted to put my two cents in on this subject.
I also just started my period for this month, But the thing is I was a week late starting and when i started, it was a dark marronish-brown color. that scared me so i got on the internet. You all have wrote something on it and as i read through them i noticed that most of you are on the pill. Well here is you answer to those questions, I am NOT on any form of birthcontrol so I know that it has nothing to do with it. I do drink and i was thinking it was from that but nobody mentioned drinking. I don't know why it is caused but i do believe it is normal, i believe it is your body working over time to keep yourself normal.

I've experienced the same thing, since i've been on the pill i have had brown discharge at the start of my period, then it will bleed red then more brown discharge. However, this time around it has only been brown discharge with some clotting for 3 days but no red blood flow and it wasnt a lot. Between cycles it's like 21-24 days I'm not sure if this was my period or not. I've had the period pain when it occured which was the same for the other times. Was this my period or not? Could someone help? Last time i had sex was last friday and he didn't have a condom but he pulled out. Could this also affect my period? Should i change pills if i get them twice a month?

i have gotten my first period two days befor and its brown. any comments ?

Well i don't drink, im not sexually active, im not on the pill, so what is my case. I too have a brown discharge before my period, it usually last the first three days then the remaining 3 to 4 days is a regular period. This is only when my period desides when it wants to come on. I have a period maybe 2 to 3 times a year. So someone please tell me what is my problem.

I just recently started my period, im 13 years old and its not a normal color.. its brown. Its really gross looking and i dont know what it means and im too nervous to ask my dad. Because that would be really weird.. Is this normal!?