Here it comes. My allergies are restless. I am especially allergic to dust. I am now renting some room at the center, and the dust it everywhere no matter how much I clean it. I usually take Loratadine in those kinds of situations but now I am taking Diphenhydramine for my insomnia and I don't know can I combine those two medicines. Can you help me?

We are here to help and to share experiences. Both of those medications are antihistamines so I would not recommend you to take it at the same time. It can be dangerous because it could build up antihistamines in your body and you can overdose. That would not be a good thing. You can try Nasalcrom for your allergy, it is successful and it can be combined with antihistamines.

Dear SteadyHealth.com --

Stop scraping content from Yahoo Answers and re-packaging them as your own on a spamalot web site.

Sincerely, an annoyed Internet user

so i took claritin and benadry with in the same time frame should i go to the emergency room?

yes you should

I've not taken them at the same time, but I have taken loratadine twice (once in the morning, once in the afternoon) and then took 2 diphenhydramines in the late evening. I've done this several times and haven't had a reaction to it.

You don't need to go to the ER. Call poison control. They will guide you.