Hi, folks. I suffer from allergic rhinitis and I take antihistamines regularly. However, I have heart my joint and I would like to take a pain reliever. However, I would like to know whether I can take these two different medications at the same time. What is your opinion about that? I will be grateful for all your replies.

Hello. I think there shouldn’t be a problem. This is especially valid if you take pain relievers from so called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID). NSAID do not interfere with a brain. However, opiod analgesics shouldn’t be mixed with antihistamines. Sleeping is a main side effect of antihistamines. Of course, no one will recommend you opiod analgesic for pain like you have. These drugs are used for very strong pains like the ones with malignant tumors and other conditions. You can also consult with a doctor. I hope I’ve helped.