Hi, I need some information regarding medications that are connected to allergies. I am two months pregnant and I have problem with PUPPP. It is a rash that affects pregnant women. My belly itches too much to be ignored. I had problems with allergies even before I stayed pregnant. I cant use diphenhydramine because I am pregnant and friend of mine suggested me to use Praxomine. Are Praxomine and Diphenhydramine the same?

I must say that I didn't hear about Praxomine as a medicine. It is ingredient used in some medications, creams, lotions, ointments etc. I know for example that it is active ingredient in Caladryl lotion. This lotion is very good for your situation. His only side effect is drying of the skin but it is perfectly safe for the baby.

Just a note: you both must mean Pramoxine (pramocaine), not "Praxomine". Also, to answer "leland's" actual question "Are Praxomine (sic) and Diphenhydramine the same?", the answer is no.